“great stay at red roof inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA

You added Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Pet Friendly !!
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
atlanta
“great stay at red roof inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We recently stayed at Red Roof Inn in winchester VA and it was a great experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a basic double room reserved and upon request they upgraded our room to a deluxe double at no extra cost. Gave us directions for good places to eat in the area. The room was very clean and well maintained. Beds were comfortable and AC woked fine too. The rate was very reasonable too. I would definately stay here again if in Winchester.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you for your review. We enjoyed having you as a part of our Red Roof family . We can't wait to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dillonvale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Have stayed in RR Inns many times and this place takes the prize as the worst ever. The place was seedy looking, even paint peeling off the RR sign, cobwebs everywhere outside, room in bad need of paint, plumbing in need of repair and old CRT TVs. Location was OK, I could only find one copy of USA Today that people were sharing and the breakfast was adequate.for the price.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Silver Spring, MD USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011 via mobile

New and clean and contemporary furnishings. Cannot beat price in this area. Very happy with my choice

• Stayed October 2011
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Room was average - we had 2 rooms - found a dirty rag in both rooms. Used a coupon from a travel book to save on the cost. Pleanty of restaurants in the area. Overall a nice value for the price with the coupon. Would suggest visiting the Virginia Farm Market if you have time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband and I and our 2 dogs have stayed at this Red Roof 3 times. We have found that the rooms may be the fanciest but they are very inviting and the people extra concerned for your comfort. I am amazed that the owner/manager calls our room within 1 hour of checkin to ask if our room is comfy and acceptable and wanting to know if we need anything. To me that makes me feel pretty special. We will stay here EVERY time we are within 50 miles of here..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
dhruvshah, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Winchester Red Roof.

Judy Thompson
Winchester
Toluca Mex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

A client of mine did the reservation for me, so I went into advisor and read about the hotel, when I arrived I was prepared for a bad night but it wasn't. I was at the second floor and saw a lot of pets in the rooms of the first floor. PROS location, price, breakfast included, clean linens and very good space in the rooms, CONS: the smell of the room is strange, like a mixture of smoke and humidity ... the internet access is through a cable you have to ask for it at the reception, the bed seams to be an old one (room 260).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
South Florida, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed last week..thank goodness it was only a 1 night stay! We stay at RR Inns a lot and always basic, but clean. Our room was filthy...lots of dead bugs and bug poop on bathroom floor. Bathroom door so warped it wouldn't close. NO WIFI! They hand you a short cable to plug in...if you use an IPad, you know there is no plug in...they are made for wifi. Back to the desk and girl (no name tag or I would report name) just shrugs and says I can sit in the lobby if I want to use wifi. I told her I wouldn't stay at any hotel without wifi....I can choose to stay anywhere. She shrugged and said "talk to the manager tomorrow"....ok, now that really helps! (they do advertise wifi on their website). Bottom line...dirty, bugs, no one cares. Do not stay here! I will be writing to corporate RR Inns but don't expect anything back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA? Share your experiences!