“All basic hotels/motels should be like this” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester

You added Red Roof Inn Winchester to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Silver Spring, MD USA
“All basic hotels/motels should be like this”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

New and clean and contemporary furnishings. Cannot beat price in this area. Very happy with my choice

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Room was average - we had 2 rooms - found a dirty rag in both rooms. Used a coupon from a travel book to save on the cost. Pleanty of restaurants in the area. Overall a nice value for the price with the coupon. Would suggest visiting the Virginia Farm Market if you have time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband and I and our 2 dogs have stayed at this Red Roof 3 times. We have found that the rooms may be the fanciest but they are very inviting and the people extra concerned for your comfort. I am amazed that the owner/manager calls our room within 1 hour of checkin to ask if our room is comfy and acceptable and wanting to know if we need anything. To me that makes me feel pretty special. We will stay here EVERY time we are within 50 miles of here..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
dhruvshah, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Winchester Red Roof.

Judy Thompson
Winchester
Toluca Mex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

A client of mine did the reservation for me, so I went into advisor and read about the hotel, when I arrived I was prepared for a bad night but it wasn't. I was at the second floor and saw a lot of pets in the rooms of the first floor. PROS location, price, breakfast included, clean linens and very good space in the rooms, CONS: the smell of the room is strange, like a mixture of smoke and humidity ... the internet access is through a cable you have to ask for it at the reception, the bed seams to be an old one (room 260).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
South Florida, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed last week..thank goodness it was only a 1 night stay! We stay at RR Inns a lot and always basic, but clean. Our room was filthy...lots of dead bugs and bug poop on bathroom floor. Bathroom door so warped it wouldn't close. NO WIFI! They hand you a short cable to plug in...if you use an IPad, you know there is no plug in...they are made for wifi. Back to the desk and girl (no name tag or I would report name) just shrugs and says I can sit in the lobby if I want to use wifi. I told her I wouldn't stay at any hotel without wifi....I can choose to stay anywhere. She shrugged and said "talk to the manager tomorrow"....ok, now that really helps! (they do advertise wifi on their website). Bottom line...dirty, bugs, no one cares. Do not stay here! I will be writing to corporate RR Inns but don't expect anything back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

This hotel was discusting. The showers were not cleaned, they still had hair and nobby pins in it. There were visible bed bugs in our bed. I told the manager and he got rude and told me i get your point what do you want. So they know they have them and dont care. The room tempuratue remaind hot all night. DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed July 2011
dhruvshah, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. There has been no reports of bed bugs at the Red Roof Inn Winchester VA. The hotel has monthly trainings with the housekeeping staff to further educate them on spotting bed bugs. The pest control company treats all the rooms on regular basis to avoid such problems. The room which you stayed in has already been treated by the pest control comapny to avoid any future occurance.

Judy Thompson.
Brooklyn, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed at a number at Rod Roof Inns when I am traveling and just need a place to crash for the night, so I was happy to find this one as it was right at the midway point on my trip down to South Carolina.
Upon arrival I was very disappointed, this was the worst Red Roof Inn that I have ever seen, there was mold in the bathroom, the whole room just felt really worn and tired, I arrived at midnight and was planing on getting up at 6 am to continue my trip so I stayed anyhow, but I would NOT stay here again, there are a bunch of places to stay right on the main road so if you are in the area there are plenty of other choices.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends