“Not that bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester

You added Red Roof Inn Winchester to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Toluca Mex
“Not that bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

A client of mine did the reservation for me, so I went into advisor and read about the hotel, when I arrived I was prepared for a bad night but it wasn't. I was at the second floor and saw a lot of pets in the rooms of the first floor. PROS location, price, breakfast included, clean linens and very good space in the rooms, CONS: the smell of the room is strange, like a mixture of smoke and humidity ... the internet access is through a cable you have to ask for it at the reception, the bed seams to be an old one (room 260).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
South Florida, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed last week..thank goodness it was only a 1 night stay! We stay at RR Inns a lot and always basic, but clean. Our room was filthy...lots of dead bugs and bug poop on bathroom floor. Bathroom door so warped it wouldn't close. NO WIFI! They hand you a short cable to plug in...if you use an IPad, you know there is no plug in...they are made for wifi. Back to the desk and girl (no name tag or I would report name) just shrugs and says I can sit in the lobby if I want to use wifi. I told her I wouldn't stay at any hotel without wifi....I can choose to stay anywhere. She shrugged and said "talk to the manager tomorrow"....ok, now that really helps! (they do advertise wifi on their website). Bottom line...dirty, bugs, no one cares. Do not stay here! I will be writing to corporate RR Inns but don't expect anything back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

This hotel was discusting. The showers were not cleaned, they still had hair and nobby pins in it. There were visible bed bugs in our bed. I told the manager and he got rude and told me i get your point what do you want. So they know they have them and dont care. The room tempuratue remaind hot all night. DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed July 2011
dhruvshah, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. There has been no reports of bed bugs at the Red Roof Inn Winchester VA. The hotel has monthly trainings with the housekeeping staff to further educate them on spotting bed bugs. The pest control company treats all the rooms on regular basis to avoid such problems. The room which you stayed in has already been treated by the pest control comapny to avoid any future occurance.

Judy Thompson.
Brooklyn, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed at a number at Rod Roof Inns when I am traveling and just need a place to crash for the night, so I was happy to find this one as it was right at the midway point on my trip down to South Carolina.
Upon arrival I was very disappointed, this was the worst Red Roof Inn that I have ever seen, there was mold in the bathroom, the whole room just felt really worn and tired, I arrived at midnight and was planing on getting up at 6 am to continue my trip so I stayed anyhow, but I would NOT stay here again, there are a bunch of places to stay right on the main road so if you are in the area there are plenty of other choices.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Lady Lake, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

We stoped there because we got a travel coupon from a magazine. The room had been recently redecorated and seemed nice. Had a good location for easy on-off for I-81
The coupon got us in for under $50 for the night. Had bugs in room but may have been recent fly ins (except for the big dead one under the A/C console. The carpet looked clean except for around the base boards. Doesn't anyone use a crevice tool any more? Then there was the issue of a constantly running toilet. It was so loud we had to turn the water off at the supply pipe after each use. Finally there was the issue of the dirty sheet. It had what looked like food stains on the bottom sheet. Recent food stains at that. Just went down and got a clean one at the front desk. They had a small cont. b'fast
to get you going in the AM. Wasn't just what I wanted EXCEPT for the price. We were on a family mission and just needed a place to crash for the night; our issue at the time was expense.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I was using this stay as a break in a long trip - stopped in and got a room easily enough but when I went to open the door, the key card did not work - back to office. Card was recharged - door did not work, red light stayed on - Was offered another room which I could enter - but closing the door from the outside was a production - had to use the card and then slam really hard. At that point, I was NOT going back to the office. And to add insult to injury, the free wifi did not work -could have gone to the office to get the cable but was afraid I would not get back in the room!
the property and room was clean, and they did have a continental breakfast but was really disappointed in my 'intro' to this property.

Room Tip: Make sure your key works before unpacking!
Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Lancaster PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Expected my stay to be like other experiences with Red Roof, and was sorely disappointed. Temp of room not maintained, (FEB 26 degrees) took over 6 hours to achieve liveable temperature. Bathroom door falling apart on both sides & wouldn't close, bathroom heat light out, no exhast fan, tv channel guide out of date, no hangers, had to chase down a housekeeper, musty/moldy smell, both of us became physically affected, guest services book....empty, we both chuckled because it summed it up. 49.99? May have left a comment card, but the golf pencil with no tip stuffed down to the bottom of the organizer was the last draw. As someone indicated, better to sleep in the car, and likely safer.

Hot water, tv worked, coffee was ok.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple