“Dirty and Tired” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   991 Millwood Pike, I-81 at Millwood Pike, exit #313/313-A, Winchester, VA 22602   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off your next stay
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Brooklyn, NY
“Dirty and Tired”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed at a number at Rod Roof Inns when I am traveling and just need a place to crash for the night, so I was happy to find this one as it was right at the midway point on my trip down to South Carolina.
Upon arrival I was very disappointed, this was the worst Red Roof Inn that I have ever seen, there was mold in the bathroom, the whole room just felt really worn and tired, I arrived at midnight and was planing on getting up at 6 am to continue my trip so I stayed anyhow, but I would NOT stay here again, there are a bunch of places to stay right on the main road so if you are in the area there are plenty of other choices.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lady Lake, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

We stoped there because we got a travel coupon from a magazine. The room had been recently redecorated and seemed nice. Had a good location for easy on-off for I-81
The coupon got us in for under $50 for the night. Had bugs in room but may have been recent fly ins (except for the big dead one under the A/C console. The carpet looked clean except for around the base boards. Doesn't anyone use a crevice tool any more? Then there was the issue of a constantly running toilet. It was so loud we had to turn the water off at the supply pipe after each use. Finally there was the issue of the dirty sheet. It had what looked like food stains on the bottom sheet. Recent food stains at that. Just went down and got a clean one at the front desk. They had a small cont. b'fast
to get you going in the AM. Wasn't just what I wanted EXCEPT for the price. We were on a family mission and just needed a place to crash for the night; our issue at the time was expense.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I was using this stay as a break in a long trip - stopped in and got a room easily enough but when I went to open the door, the key card did not work - back to office. Card was recharged - door did not work, red light stayed on - Was offered another room which I could enter - but closing the door from the outside was a production - had to use the card and then slam really hard. At that point, I was NOT going back to the office. And to add insult to injury, the free wifi did not work -could have gone to the office to get the cable but was afraid I would not get back in the room!
the property and room was clean, and they did have a continental breakfast but was really disappointed in my 'intro' to this property.

Room Tip: Make sure your key works before unpacking!
Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Lancaster PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Expected my stay to be like other experiences with Red Roof, and was sorely disappointed. Temp of room not maintained, (FEB 26 degrees) took over 6 hours to achieve liveable temperature. Bathroom door falling apart on both sides & wouldn't close, bathroom heat light out, no exhast fan, tv channel guide out of date, no hangers, had to chase down a housekeeper, musty/moldy smell, both of us became physically affected, guest services book....empty, we both chuckled because it summed it up. 49.99? May have left a comment card, but the golf pencil with no tip stuffed down to the bottom of the organizer was the last draw. As someone indicated, better to sleep in the car, and likely safer.

Hot water, tv worked, coffee was ok.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

For a Red Roof in a 2 Star you get a clean room at a good price if your expecting the Westin you will be dissapointed, this is a good Clean hotel to spend the nite at. we paid 49.99

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I had a completely different experience than KMEWC and mandt1984. I am glad my stay was a lot more pleasant! I stayed at this hotel first in July 2008 and it was very clean and comfortable, and due to that experience, it was my first choice when my plans took me to the area again in Sept 2010. My room for this visit was equally as clean and well-maintained as my first stay. Towels and bed linens are not the greatest (towels rough, bed sheets thin), but seemed clean, which is one of my most important criteria. Pillows thin and unsupportive. Fridge worked. Didn't try the microwave. The filter in the A/C seemed to need to be changed, as that air was pretty musty when I turned on the unit. Two out of three nights I stayed, one stinkbug crawled through the A/C vents from the outside, but that's out of the hotel's control, especially considering right now there is a critical problem with swarms of them killing crops in the Mid-Atlantic states .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010 via mobile

Used to stay here quite often 2001-2005, what a difference 5 years makes. Door latch broken, 2 of 5 lights not working, garbage on floor in 3 different areas, no tv remote, old lumpy mattress, and spent the first 10 minutes killing bugs. All I can say on a positive note is the Internet and A/C worked. Such a shame this used to be a nice place.

• Stayed September 2010

Been to Red Roof Inn Winchester, VA? Share your experiences!