“Best Motel 6 yet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Winchester

You added Motel 6 Winchester to your Saves list
Motel 6 Winchester
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2951 Valley Avenue, Winchester, VA 22601 (Formerly Days Inn Winchester)   |
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Seymour, CT
“Best Motel 6 yet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Booked online and got rate $10 less than walk in rate. Check in was quick. Staff didn't seem to know much about the area. The room was HUGE. Love the laminate floors (Carpets get icky). Room was clean. Big note that it's 1-2 miles from the highway and +/- 5 miles from "town".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Booked ahead online and got a great rate.

Check in was quick and the staff was friendly and efficient. I had a king room on the first floor. I love being able to park right outside my room. The parking lot was extremely well lit. Being a solo female, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

The room was relatively recently renovated. Furniture was sparse and Ikea - ish, but functional. Having a fridge and microwave available meant I was able to prepare myself dinner and breakfast with pre-planning on my part. No breakfast is served or available at the motel - coffee is available in the lobby.

The room was quiet. I was woken up one time by some inconsiderate guests (a family with small children actually) who arrived late and were very loud unloading and getting to their room - the hotel can't control inconsiderate guests like this unfortunately.

The shower was good and hot. No toiletries except soap provided, which I was aware of before arriving. Bed was very comfortable.

Check out was quick and the staff friendly and professional again.

For an overnight stop on a road trip I highly recommend this budget hotel.

ktown

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here on the way South to visit family for Thanksgiving. Clean room, very recently updated... all new finishes and fixtures. Quiet room. Pet friendly, with no additional charge, made this not only a good deal, but a great bargain! After the 1st night, we decided to make this our stopover point for our return trip as well.
Only problem was that the hot water was SEVERELY LACKING! By the time you got it to be hot, you had only a couple minutes, literally, to shower before it was getting cold again. This was a problem in both rooms we stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

When I checked in and went to my non smoking king room that I reserved online, it reeked of smoke. I went to the front desk and they switched my room without hesitation. They didn't have any king rooms left so I was given a two double bed room. This room didn't smell of smoke so I was happy. The first thing I noticed was the multiple holes in the bedspreads from cigarette burns. I didn't want to be a bother so I didn't go to the office again. The faucet for the sink had water spots on it and there was dirt in the corners of the bathroom. The refrigerator had dust on it all around the microwave. The fridge had been wiped because I could see where the rag swiped across, but it was not cleaned. After being in the room a few minutes, I noticed that the bottoms of our socks were BLACK! What I ended up doing to save our barefeet after taking our nasty socks off was throw the burned bedspreads on the floor. We also threw the towels down in the bathroom so we didn't have to touch the floor at all. I let them know when I checked out. The lady didn't seem too shocked. She did call the lead housekeeper up to look at my photos. The hotel is very convenient to all of the stores I needed though! I expect a clean room at a hotel and I didn't get that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'd read the reviews and decided to give it a shot. I'd never thought I would stay in a Motel 6 but this one was consistent with the majority of the reviews. Clean, friendly, updated and cheap. My room was spotless as if no one has ever used it. Very nice king bed and a 32" flat screen tv made it enjoyable. Matching fridge and microwave came in handy.

I hope they keep up the good work and i'll stay here again when I visit Winchester.

Room Tip: the rooms at the front are street level near the parking lot. Ask for a room on the opposite side if...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Athol, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This place was clean and with the new design, it looks like a room that would cost a lot more than $48 a night. This was by far, the best nights sleep that I have ever gotten in a motel. We weren't able to stay long (just an overnight) but we will go back just to vacation in this town. Lots to do in this area with a family. The staff in the motel and in the restaurant that we visited the next morning were so happy and friendly. Can't wait to return to see more of the area. If planning on staying here...just remember they do not have hairdryers, breakfast, alarm clocks....this is how they keep their prices so low :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Booneville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had not so great experiences with Motel 6's a long time ago, and was not sure I wanted to stay there. It just to be a different chain. I was pleasantly surprised. This was a great room. The bed was great, and we got a great night's sleep. There are no extras like breakfast, but the price is great! Don't miss this place if you are in town.

Room Tip: Our room was fine, but a back room would have been darker.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple