“DIRTY!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Texas
“DIRTY!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

When I checked in and went to my non smoking king room that I reserved online, it reeked of smoke. I went to the front desk and they switched my room without hesitation. They didn't have any king rooms left so I was given a two double bed room. This room didn't smell of smoke so I was happy. The first thing I noticed was the multiple holes in the bedspreads from cigarette burns. I didn't want to be a bother so I didn't go to the office again. The faucet for the sink had water spots on it and there was dirt in the corners of the bathroom. The refrigerator had dust on it all around the microwave. The fridge had been wiped because I could see where the rag swiped across, but it was not cleaned. After being in the room a few minutes, I noticed that the bottoms of our socks were BLACK! What I ended up doing to save our barefeet after taking our nasty socks off was throw the burned bedspreads on the floor. We also threw the towels down in the bathroom so we didn't have to touch the floor at all. I let them know when I checked out. The lady didn't seem too shocked. She did call the lead housekeeper up to look at my photos. The hotel is very convenient to all of the stores I needed though! I expect a clean room at a hotel and I didn't get that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'd read the reviews and decided to give it a shot. I'd never thought I would stay in a Motel 6 but this one was consistent with the majority of the reviews. Clean, friendly, updated and cheap. My room was spotless as if no one has ever used it. Very nice king bed and a 32" flat screen tv made it enjoyable. Matching fridge and microwave came in handy.

I hope they keep up the good work and i'll stay here again when I visit Winchester.

Room Tip: the rooms at the front are street level near the parking lot. Ask for a room on the opposite side if...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Athol, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This place was clean and with the new design, it looks like a room that would cost a lot more than $48 a night. This was by far, the best nights sleep that I have ever gotten in a motel. We weren't able to stay long (just an overnight) but we will go back just to vacation in this town. Lots to do in this area with a family. The staff in the motel and in the restaurant that we visited the next morning were so happy and friendly. Can't wait to return to see more of the area. If planning on staying here...just remember they do not have hairdryers, breakfast, alarm clocks....this is how they keep their prices so low :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Booneville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had not so great experiences with Motel 6's a long time ago, and was not sure I wanted to stay there. It just to be a different chain. I was pleasantly surprised. This was a great room. The bed was great, and we got a great night's sleep. There are no extras like breakfast, but the price is great! Don't miss this place if you are in town.

Room Tip: Our room was fine, but a back room would have been darker.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was traveling through and needed an inexpensive place to waylay; Motel 6 fit the bill, and while it was the lowest price I found, it was also the cleanest. The motel has just about finished a major overhaul of its property, with the rooms, beds, TV's, floors - you name it, being all brand new. The beds are firm and comfortable, the rooms themselves are quite (the family next to me had very young twins, but I barely heard them at all).

The front desk staff was, for the most part, friendly (there was one woman who barely smiled, but cest la vie). The rest of the staff was outstanding, and the ladies cleaning the rooms were very helpful and quick to respond with a requested towel or emptying of the trash.

All in all, while this is a discount motel, it is exceptionally clean and quite and I was quite pleased to have found it. If ever traversing the area again, it is first on my list of places to stop should I need a bed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Wonderful experience at this hotel. Was unsure pulling up because it was undergoing renovations. Room was SPOTLESS - loved the pergo floors and platform beds. It's a different look but set my mind at ease about cleanliness. No where to hide dirt on those surfaces! Beds were very comfortable. Tubs/showers were not new but where other hotels have typical discoloration and mold around caulking - this place was very clean. I've stayed in hotels twice the price that weren't as nice. Pet friendly and a great area for walking dogs. There was some trash in the field where I walked my dog but no broken glass. Would definitely choose this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

was way better when it was days inn. now you get the typical rude guy if you give them a coupon for $5 off. hotel is 1/2 full yet they insist the room they gave me with (i now counted 10) flies and a few mosquitos, sticky pergo floors, sticky table, dirty bathtub. ill never stay here again, theres many more better options in town.....

Room Tip: dont even stay here, just drive to any other place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Winchester? Share your experiences!