“PLEASANT STAY” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Trumbull, Connecticut
“PLEASANT STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

My wife and I have been traveling I-81 regularly for about 11 years. We used to stay here but then started staying a University Blvd. We were pleasantly supprised by our reacquaintance with this Hampton Inn. We had a very nice stay. Only negative our favorite seafood restaurant went out of business.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor - convenient to the lobby.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Eastchester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Whenever we're traveling through I81 we always stay in Winchester because of all the gourmet restaurants. This Hampton Inn has a good rate, nice clean rooms, yummy breakfast, easy on-off, and is close to the restaurant cluster in Old Town.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

our room was great, the breakfast was great, price was great, but we didnt appreciate walking thru the smoke of an employee and her friends at the hotels entrance plus there was foul language from one of them (not the hotel employee).

• Stayed November 2011
Bridgewater, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

After a long day of driving north in the pouring rain, we decided it was time to find a place to stay for the night. There are two Hampton Inns in Winchester....and one is by the mall. A big red No Way sign flashed over our heads on that one. We booked online and arrived an hour later. Everything was ready for us and we were thrilled.

The room was large, clean, and the bed quite comfy. It's an easy-on, easy-off for Rt. 81, and several chain restaurants are one highway exit away (2 miles). Breakfast foods were varied, plentiful, hot, and delicious. There is no way you would leave there hungry. Being a weekday, we received a newspaper at our door first thing in the morning.

I would absolutely stay there again on our next trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Overall, the hotel was clean and welcoming and the location was great between the major roads, gas stations, food, etc.. Upon arrival to check-in, which was around 8:45pm, I walked in as two employees walked out for a smoke break. Seven minutes later, one of them came in, apologizing for the wait, and from that point was very efficient and welcoming. I thought that the wait was very excessive, even for that time of evening. Apparently, the person that was supposed to be at the desk wasn't, but showed up at the same time as the other person. I got my roomkey, water and cookies (nice touch). The room (#111) was very nice, clean, comfortable bed and decent amenities. The heat in the room worked very well and the bed (king) was comfortable as were the pillows. Room lighting was easily accessible on the far walls as well as right next to the bed, and the bathroom lighting was nice and bright, unlike some hotels where it's more ambiance and shadows than just bright white light...might seem minor but I think it's an important element to note. There was a little black mold on the underside of the soap dish and around the shower; I seldom see this in hotels but do know that when it happens, it's very hard to remove. The breakfast food was fine, standard to what I typically see at these hotels and the quality was fine; the selection of food did seem a bit less than other Hilton and Hampton hotels but the variety was no issue. Otherwise, everything was nice and if in the area I would stay here over other locations.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Usually we don't stay at Hotels. This Hotel was clean, quiet, price was good, staff friendly and the bed's comfortable. We were surprised by the breakfast, there was quite a variety. We will definitely stop here again. We enjoyed our stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed two nights at this property for a recent wedding. I'm a regular Hampton Inn and Gold Hilton Honors customer. This place is clean and located right off the highway.

However, this stay was disappointing. Hamptons are reliable and a good value. I booked my room six months ago when I received my "save-the-date.". I booked a king bedded room specifically. When I checked in, the didn't have this room for us and made no apology. When I went back to the front desk to ask for a change I was told that there were no other rooms available. This was frustrating and ruined the otherwise friendly welcome.

I think the hotel also failed b/c they failed to recognize my status as a regular Hilton customer. Usually when I arrive at a Hampton property they offer a note with waters or snacks. Something that says, thanks for being a repeat guest. Here I was treated worse than expected and given something other than what I reserved.

My advice for anyone staying in Winchester would be to stay downtown at the Wyndam.

The breakfast was mediocre. Nothing "southern" or home made.

Room Tip: First floor because all parking is in the front.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Winchester-North? Share your experiences!