“5 star Treatment for $50 - Its a no brainer” 5 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn Winchester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2649 Valley Ave, Winchester, VA 22601   |
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
jersey city, nj
“5 star Treatment for $50 - Its a no brainer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

We travelled from NY and after a late work day (on the thanks giving weekend) it was too late when we were in VA and though of just taking an exit. We saw a bunch of hotels motels right after the exit charging some ridiculous amount. So we thought of driving on one of their main roads and finding a motel which wasnt showing up on basic searches.

Americas Best value inn of Winchester wasn't there and it was 2 mins drive from exit, which was perfect, we walked and we saw the room before taking it and it was awesome and couldnt believe for just 50 the facilities and services they provided.

We re-assured and paid by cash - and it was indeed so cost-effective yet one of the best low cost - high benefit motels I ever stayed. Not to mention the friendly staff, cleanliness, and the size of room.

I will recommend this to anyone- and advise not to stay in one of the motels / hotels right off the exit, they are very expensive and not worth the price - Please drive extra minute and $$ave your hard earned money.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

10/04/2009

We stayed last night,Oct. 3rd, at an America's Best Value Inn in Winchester,VA.
The hotel advertises in Traveler/coupon publications that there is free high speed internet WiFi service. We called in advance and asked if there was WiFi and if it was working and were assured YES on both counts.

This location has NO internet service; the owner or manager has his personal internet service which is not available to guests. AFTER we were unpacked and couldn't get online, he offered to move us to a different room, but I took my laptop to that room before moving my wife and luggage, and found that there was no signal there either. Finally he admitted that the only signal was his neighbor's (protected) and his own (either no wifi or unavailable, it was never clear).

Beyond lying in the ad, lying when we phoned ahead, he tried to move us to another room knowing there was no wifi there, either, Then he was belligerent with me when he was caught in a lie.

Then this morning a maid burst into our room at 8:30AM on a Sunday morning WITHOUT KNOCKING, using her pass key. My car was parked in front of the room and we were registered. Whether she was looking for a cheap thrill of catching guests undressed, or whether she wanted to finish her work early and was assuring that by waking guests at 8:30AM - I don't know, but we didn't appreciate it.

When I complained to the mgr about it at checkout, I got the same attitude as last night.
IF this a franchise , there should be some sensitivity to how people and an operation like this one affects the hotel's brand. If it isn't a franchise, then their hiring practices and/or standards need some serious adjustments.

I'll never stay in another ABVI or other Vantage property if this is what I can expect. Lies, manipulation, the poorest attitude - the antithesis of good customer service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

We stayed here and booked 2 rooms, 107 and 104. Room 107 smelled musty and damp. 107 was a little better but not much. The rooms were painted what I would call an ugly sickly color of yellow with 104 having a gaudy looking wine colored carpet. Not inviting at all! Both rooms had filthy moldy shower curtains and I myself left my curtain open like the other poster said and I kept my flip flops on while showering! The bottom of the tub looked scary! The towels smelled clean but had obviously had ink like stains on them that wouldn't come out. The toilet was old looking with a worn out looking seat. The front of the air conditioner grills were filthy with heavy dust. It looks like improvements were made but not very well in the remodeling process. Also the pillows were ancient, thank goodness I brought one from home! I just couldn't wait to get the hell out of there!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2008

We should have taken a hint when we pulled up to the office only to see a customer leaving the office with a plunger (for the toilet)! We booked the motel because of it's economical rate. Here is what we did not like:
1--cancellation policy :money back only if cancellation is within 48 hrs.
2--room smelled awful--musty, damp.
3--a/c located in rear of unit, in another room that did have large doorway into bedroom. Still, a/c only partially effective in bedroom.
4-bottom flat sheets, rather than contour sheets, combined with mattress covering, made for lumpy bed with sheets coming untucked.
5--drapes partially detached from rods.
6--spider web, albeit a small one, in bathroom.
7--notice from management notifying customers that they would be charged for any missing linens.
What we liked:--leaving

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — room's smell
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

I found America's Best Value Inn on Google. I checked it out and the price seemed to be right so I called and booked a room. When I arrived I was immediately impressed. The staff was friendly and they really made you feel at home. The room was clean and well stocked with an ample supply of towels and toilet articles. The beds were comfy and I slept great! A great value for the price and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in or around Winchester.

• Liked — Great Service and Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — Not Applicable
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winston-Salem, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

While driving on a weekend getaway to the Baltimore area, I found out about this nice little motel from a Motel Discount Guide. The clerk was very friendly, polite and honored the travel coupon without question. The room was clean, spacious and well-furnished, with a roomy bathroom and separate vanity. The continental breakfast was fairly Spartan with cereal, toast, coffee and juice. My main concern while on a overnight stop on a road trip is a quiet, safe location, with a clean room and a bargain rate, which this hotel provided very well. Will stay again next time I'm in the area!!!

• Liked — Quiet and Clean!
  • Disliked — A little far from the Interstate.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2005

 Checked in to Room 104, smoking room (preferred) and the vanity light did not work, talked to management and was moved to Room 107

 Room 107 - went into the bathroom to take a shower and the shower curtain rod just fell off – put it back on and made note to be careful – was not in the mood to complain.

 Noticed a large stain on the ceiling above the bottom half of the bed – it poured rain that night and woke up with my feet soaking wet (luckily I sleep well and the ceiling was not damaged above my head). The shower curtain fell off again so we just moved it to the end of the bed to protect the mattress (don’t ask me why – must be my good side). Talked to management and was told we would have to wait until noon – and was then moved to Room 222.

 Entered Room 222 looked fairly good at first glance. Went to remove a towel from the towel rack near the sink and the towel rack immediately fell off.

 Went to take a shower – the shower curtain was covered in filth and mold – decided to take a shower with the curtain open – some things do gross me out.

 Opened the drawers to the bureau and they were too dirty to put clothes in so we settled for setting them on the other bed.

 There were no fitted mattress pads on the beds, just thin mattress covers that did not cover the entire bed. There were holes in the bedspread with cigarette burns as well. The beds did not have a bottom fitted sheet. When the sheets were changed while we were in the room, and the pillow cases removed, the pillow were disgusting - they should have been cover with 3 or for cases.

 The table next to the bed and the radio had a sticky substance on it like syrup – I washed these myself.

 The beds were changed each day, but towels were just put on the chair not hung as usually done at even the most modest motels.

 We emptied our own ashtrays each morning, but the ashtrays were not replaced with clean ones and the ones we used remained dirty unless we cleaned them ourselves and the table in the room with two chairs was never cleaned unless we cleaned it ourselves.

 And one more thing -- one of the armchairs (with the small table to sit at) was in such poor shape structurally that if anyone over my weight of 119 pounds sat in it, there might have been a very profitable lawsuit (seriously).

Yes we could or should have left,, but this was a visit for a memorial service for a friend of 30 plus years.

tanisha84, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Winchester, responded to this review, August 4, 2008
Dear Guest and all potential guests,

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you faced during your stay with us in 2005.

If I can, I would like to make a few comments about our facility to hopefully put the motel in a better light.

We have made many changes including a huge increase in our budget for capital improvements. Not only do we have a new management team and staff, but we have changed our roofs and improved our rooms many folds. We have gone through and taken everyone’s insights including yours and really taken the extra care to gear our facility for the future.

We have added amenities like complimentary wireless internet access and have brought a new restaurant to the location to better the value for our guests. Chrisanna’s Authentic Thai Cuisine has received excellent reviews from our guests for its fresh taste and great prices.

The last thing we would like to do is downplay anyone’s experience in our facility, but we would like to extend our usual hospitality to you again so you can see how we have upgraded and made changes to make our establishment more suitable to the budget traveler. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.

Manager (winchesterabvi@yahoo.com)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Winchester? Share your experiences!