“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Grovetown, Georgia
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is one place that I would recommend to others. The people here are extremely friendly and polite. They made sure that we had everything we needed. I am disabled and they went out of thier
way to ensure that I would be comfortable.
The breakfast service was superb. The lady working in that area made sure that everyone had an enjoyable breakfast. It is the first place that I stayed that all food that was supposed to be hot was hot.
I will definitly stay there again the next time I am in the area.
GREAT JOB!!!

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor and I didn't hear any noise. The rooms are spacious and very co...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for the kind of review any manager would love to see! You made my day, my staff and I work very hard, so its great when a guest acknowledges our effort. I will definelty pass this around to the staff so they know it IS all worthwhile and guests do notice!
Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you sgain in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn on 7/7/14. It is a typical Comfort Inn – drab yellow. Unlike some others, this one is clean and convenient to I81. Surprising is that it was very quiet (room 310) given its proximity to the freeway. Personnel at the front desk were friendly. A special note on the breakfast room attendant - she was very efficient and accommodating. Given other comments about service, we were quite pleased. The room was clean and comfortable although the bathroom was small. Restaurants are close by and central Winchester is but a few miles away. Overall, given the level of accommodations, it was a good overnight.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are glad that we made your stay COMFORT-able, that is our goal. Its great when guests take the time from their own busy lives to write a review of their stay. My staff and I really use these to improve, so your next stay will be even better!
Thanks Again,
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed in room 126 on a Sunday in June. We generally only ever stay in La Quinta, Comfort Inns or Best Western. No La Quinta close by and we chose this hotel over Best Western due to the fact they had a laundry and included breakfast in the price which was around $25 more than BW. It was time to do some laundry and that was the decider.
Location is handy but hard to call it anything special since it is located near other budget hotel and Dennys.
Check-in was very smooth and the gentleman on reception helpful and friendly. Plenty of parking and access to the room was painless. Good room layout with 2 carver type chairs next to a generous square table that easily accommodated 2 laptop users. There was a low stand which was perfect for placing a suitcase on and a second folding suitcase stand – well done Comfort. I am constantly baffled why virtually all other motels with rooms that accommodate 4 persons usually only provide stands for one suitcase.
Wi-Fi was excellent. I mark them down however in that after providing the table and chairs there was no power outlet within 8 feet of the table. I always carry an extension and multiple outlet for all the phones so it was not an issue for us but I imagine many could be found sitting on the bed using the bedside table to get power to their laptop.
Breakfast menu was good and the breakfast area is spacious with adequate seating. The staff in the breakfast area were doing an excellent job of ensuring everyone was satisfied.
We ate at Denny’s which has an adjoining door access between the hotel and the restaurant. I thought this was one of the better Denny’s we have eaten at and I liked the décor.
We used the laundry and that was fine.
Overall this is a good hotel that would be considered very goodt in a more verdant location.
We do not regret spending the extra money as the breakfast more than made up for that and we got the laundry squared away.
You will not regret choosing this one for a night's rest.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Its great to hear from a guests that stayed a couple of nights, and then took the time to write such a detailed review. My employees and I take these reviews very seriously. They tell us want we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. We are always looking for ways to make us better and more guest friendly, so thanks again for your time.
GM
Storrs, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed one night at Comfort Inn and loved the extremely clean room with microwave and fridge. The clerk who checked us in was very rude and unfriendly. I wasn't't sure if he was racist or if he didn't like our coupon or both. He was very friendly to the people in front of us and behind us. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay at Comfort Inn. The breakfast attendant was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fantastic with scrambled eggs. The location is great right off I-81. We would stay here again despite the clerk with attitude. There is no elevator and there is a very long steep flight of stairs for second story room we requested in case anyone has a problem with stairs, then stay on first floor.

Room Tip: Second story rooms are quiet but long steep staircase.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
My name is Ferry Fulton and I am the General Manager here at the Comfort Inn. First of all thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs, we know that you have many choices and are very appreciative of your business. That being said I am very happy that you were pleased with your stay, but I am also horrified to hear that you feel like a member of my staff treated you differently than he did other guests. I have spoken to him about the incident and would really appreciate the opportunity to hear your version of the events in question. We really pride ourselves in having the best customer service in the business and do not practice discrimination of any sort. So if there is something like that going on I would like to get all the information possible so we may ensure that this does not happen again. Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience. Hope to talk to you soon.

Best Regards,

(540) 667-8894
Auburn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped for the night on our way to Charlotte, NC from central NY. The location was perfect for us, it was just about halfway to Charlotte and very convenient, just off of interstate 81. The desk clerk was very helpful and polite. Our room was very clean and comfortable, even the hallways smelled clean and fresh. Also, the breakfast was excellent. For the reasonable price you couldn't beat this hotel! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I take interest in each and every review we receive from guests. They tell us what we are doing right and where we need to improve. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Hope to see you again in the future!
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Comfort Inn in Winchester is one of the nicest ones we have ever stayed in. The room was immaculate. No dirt, dust or grundgy feel. The motel has been refurbished and is the same as a brand new Comfort Inn. The beds are some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Sparkling white linens and towels. I wish all Comfort Inns were clean like this one.

The staff was awesone as well. Tiffany who was busy training a new employee made sure we had everything we needed. She managed to take care of all the guests and train at the same time without missing a beat. Kristen who was the new hire is just as polite as Tiffany and will be an asset to this hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again if I am in the area!

Room Tip: Be careful stepping in the grass. People walk their dogs and fail to pick up after them. LOL
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your recent stay! I'm delighted you had an excellent, clean stay and found our staff to be very helpful and friendly. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Winchester! Thanks again for your review.
Malone, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel--I normally stay at the Sleep Inn when I'm in Winchester, but they were out of rooms. I figured a Comfort Inn is usually "above" a Sleep Inn, but this one wasn't. There was a musty smell in some of the hallways--I literally had to stop breathing while walking in them because the smell bothered me too much. The rest of the place was pretty decent. The rooms were clean, which was what I cared about the most. It definitely seems like an older hotel, though.

Room Tip: It didn't seem to matter what side you chose--you're not right off the interstate--which is...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay here with us. We value all guest feedback and have addressed the issues with the appropriate staff members. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future so that we can show you how your comments have helped us improve.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!