“Excellent Hotel, Rude Clerk” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Storrs, CT
“Excellent Hotel, Rude Clerk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed one night at Comfort Inn and loved the extremely clean room with microwave and fridge. The clerk who checked us in was very rude and unfriendly. I wasn't't sure if he was racist or if he didn't like our coupon or both. He was very friendly to the people in front of us and behind us. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay at Comfort Inn. The breakfast attendant was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fantastic with scrambled eggs. The location is great right off I-81. We would stay here again despite the clerk with attitude. There is no elevator and there is a very long steep flight of stairs for second story room we requested in case anyone has a problem with stairs, then stay on first floor.

Room Tip: Second story rooms are quiet but long steep staircase.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
My name is Ferry Fulton and I am the General Manager here at the Comfort Inn. First of all thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs, we know that you have many choices and are very appreciative of your business. That being said I am very happy that you were pleased with your stay, but I am also horrified to hear that you feel like a member of my staff treated you differently than he did other guests. I have spoken to him about the incident and would really appreciate the opportunity to hear your version of the events in question. We really pride ourselves in having the best customer service in the business and do not practice discrimination of any sort. So if there is something like that going on I would like to get all the information possible so we may ensure that this does not happen again. Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience. Hope to talk to you soon.

Best Regards,

(540) 667-8894

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Auburn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped for the night on our way to Charlotte, NC from central NY. The location was perfect for us, it was just about halfway to Charlotte and very convenient, just off of interstate 81. The desk clerk was very helpful and polite. Our room was very clean and comfortable, even the hallways smelled clean and fresh. Also, the breakfast was excellent. For the reasonable price you couldn't beat this hotel! Would definitely stay here again.

Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I take interest in each and every review we receive from guests. They tell us what we are doing right and where we need to improve. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Hope to see you again in the future!
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Comfort Inn in Winchester is one of the nicest ones we have ever stayed in. The room was immaculate. No dirt, dust or grundgy feel. The motel has been refurbished and is the same as a brand new Comfort Inn. The beds are some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Sparkling white linens and towels. I wish all Comfort Inns were clean like this one.

The staff was awesone as well. Tiffany who was busy training a new employee made sure we had everything we needed. She managed to take care of all the guests and train at the same time without missing a beat. Kristen who was the new hire is just as polite as Tiffany and will be an asset to this hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again if I am in the area!

Room Tip: Be careful stepping in the grass. People walk their dogs and fail to pick up after them. LOL
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your recent stay! I'm delighted you had an excellent, clean stay and found our staff to be very helpful and friendly. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Winchester! Thanks again for your review.
Malone, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel--I normally stay at the Sleep Inn when I'm in Winchester, but they were out of rooms. I figured a Comfort Inn is usually "above" a Sleep Inn, but this one wasn't. There was a musty smell in some of the hallways--I literally had to stop breathing while walking in them because the smell bothered me too much. The rest of the place was pretty decent. The rooms were clean, which was what I cared about the most. It definitely seems like an older hotel, though.

Room Tip: It didn't seem to matter what side you chose--you're not right off the interstate--which is...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay here with us. We value all guest feedback and have addressed the issues with the appropriate staff members. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future so that we can show you how your comments have helped us improve.

Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Winchester, VA at least once a month on business for the past decade. Over time, I have see the costly renovation of the hotel as the kind and helpful owner addresses the requirements of the Choice Hotel Chain. Most recently, the lobby and public spaces, including the hallways, have been completely renovated with new paint, flooring and lighting. Previous to that, the rooms were completely renovated. The owner is committed to the quality of his property and is visibly continuing to enhance the quality of guests' stays.
Many people choose to stay repeatedly at the hotel including families, business travelers from Canada or New England who travel back and forth between Florida and home. I have spoken to countless guests (in both English and French) who time and pace their trips to be able to stay in this Comfort Inn. The hotel is is in great condition. Its greatest asset is the customer service commitment led by its owner and reflected by its staff from the front desk to the housekeepers. The hotel provides a bountiful hot and cold breakfast that I have found to be significantly better and more varied than other hotels in this class. It also has a swimming pool which is popular among tired travelers, especially in the muggy summer months. I have been a monthly guest for a decade and am delighted with the hotel, its rooms, complimentary breakfast, its management, staff, and overall amenities. I recommend it highly and without reservation.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is at an exit off of I-81, people with issues with this noise should ask for a room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to reflect and share your review with us.
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations!
We take great pride in delivering a crisp and fresh overall experience to our guests, and we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with such.
Thank you for the kind words about our staff and owner - We will be sure to pass them along, as acknowledgement and kudos are always incentive for continued success!
We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town.
Thanks again for your kind words!
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at the Comfort Inn while traveling North to New England area. The room had beautiful wood paneling on the ceiling and an updated bathroom. It was clean and the beds were super comfortable (as well as the pillows). An added benefit was the Denny's restaurant, which you could easily access from the hotel lobby (connected, in the same bldg.). We had late night nachos in 15 minutes! Also, the WiFi didn't require fooling around with an access code. GREAT! We missed the breakfast as we slept so soundly (no complaints there, as I normally don't sleep well in hotels). We turned the "fan" on the AC unit to provide background noise, as the hotel is located just off the interstate. For the price (which was very reasonable), you can't beat it! We were very satisfied. Thanks Comfort Inn!

Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit an excellent review and for staying with us at the Comfort Inn in Winchester, VA. We are thrilled that you had such a nice experience at the hotel. We strive for these kind reviews, its makes us feel like we are on the right track to make our guest feel like they are home and look forward to your next visit when your travels bring you back to the area.
Thanks Again
South Berwick, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Clean room. Good breakfast. Quiet. Right off Interstate. In same parking lot as Denny's. Polite front desk employees. We would stay there again. Across the street from cheap gas at Sheetz convenience store.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's nice to hear your positive feedback about our easy and friendly check in experience. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.
Kerry Fulton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!