“"OK" hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Bangor, Maine
“"OK" hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

First off, the hotel was under renovation when we were there.

The first room we were checked into stank of cigarette smoke. I went back to the front desk, and they did not have any rooms of our type on that floor, so we got a room with two double beds. The air was much better and the room was clean and modern. I think it must have been recently renovated.

No Elevator. I do not understand why hotels are built without elevators. If you are paying for a room, why should you have to lug your baggage up the stairs?

Yes, for sure if I had a one night stop on my way, I would definitely stay here again. Easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team.Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope you will stay again with us while in the Winchester, VA area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chalmette, Louisiana, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel was not friendly. When we first arrived, although we had reservations, we had a coupon from the Virginia welcome center but they would not accept it and were very rude about it. We had asked for a non-smoking room but the room we were given smelled like smoke. When we complained about it since my husband is allergic to smoke, they would do nothing. They said there were no more pet-friendly rooms available. Then my husband took a shower and found out the tub did not drain properly. He was standing in several inches of water. The sheets were also stained with oil or grease. When we notified them of this, they were finally acting friendly and changed our room. The second room was cleaner and did not smell of smoke. However, the toilet kept running and there were ants and spiders on the bathroom floor so that we could not put anything down for fear the bugs would get into our stuff and then into our car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am not a frequent traveler, but I do enough to know what I am looking for at the end of a tiring day on the road. I have stayed with Comfort Inns before and have been satisfied always. On the night of Aug 1, I stopped for a room in Winchester, Virginia, having driven down from Michigan that day. Luckily, I got one of their last rooms.....a single and unfortunately, a smoking room but I took it. The quality of everything else about the room, the people, the price, the amenities MORE than made up for having to deal with the odor, which was minimal. Please commend the staff on Aug. 1 and morning of Aug 2 for their great customer service, a yummy breakfast in a CLEAN and comfy atmosphere, friendly and easy check-out, and for NOT disappointing my expectation of Comfort Inns. Kathy Sugar, Chesapeake, Virginia

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank You for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am very glad that you were comfortable with your stay even though the room type you received was not your first choice due to the smoking. If your ever coming to Winchester again, just give us a call so we will get the room you want. Its great to hear your good comments so we know we are doing our job!
Wilbraham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were traveling between North Carolina and Massachusetts and stopped at the Comfort Inn for one night. While the outside made us think about going elsewhere, we found out that the inside had been completely remodeled. The front desk staff were friendly and professional. The room was remodeled, nicely furnished and clean. We liked that thye left what appears to be the original wood ceiling. The only complaints that we had about the room were the pillows - they were very small and not supportive and the bedspread had cigarette burns in it - even though this was a non-smoking room (it appears that while they have remodeled the rooms they did not replace the bedspreads or pillows yet). Once they complete the outside remodel the hotel will also look very nice. Breakfast was standard fare but better than some places that we have stayed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It is sure nice to have guests notice our renovations. Its been alot of work, during a very busy time at hotel, but guests like you make it all worthwhile. And yes, all new bedding is on the way here very soon, which I have to agree with you, is very much needed. Hope to see you when all is complete!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for several weeks for work and stayed here, I never once saw a staff member that was not friendly or busting their tail doing there job.

Grounds and facility was well kept, they were updating several area as I stayed. Pool was large and super clean.

Breakfast was good. Coffee was always ready all hours of the day! Huge bonus.

Front desk staff was superior. Choice Hotels could take lessons from these folks for some of their other locations.

Close proximity to I81 and a Target shopping center with many dining options.

Pet friendly in one wing of building I would not if noticed if I didn't have my family stay for a few days and bring my dog. Super reasonable pet fee. Rest of building undisturbed by pets tho.

After staying for 2 1/2 weeks I can't find a single negative aspect of my stay. Security is great many cameras,

Great Job Guys!

• Stayed July 2013
My wish would be that all guests would feel like this after their departure from our hotel. My staff and I work very hard to make things nice for our guests, so its great to hear thats it all worthwhile. Please come stay again!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our room was clean and quiet.The grounds were well kept.Eveyone one of the staff were so nice and helpful.The breakfast was good.
We had the choice of staying closer to our family or staying at this hotel.However,we had stayed at this hotel last fall therefore we knew it is superior.
The night we checked in.I asked Donald ,He was working the front desk ,if I could us a charger to charge my cell phone.People sometimes leave them behind when they check out. None that he had fit my cell phone.He lent his to charge me phone.The next night he brought me an extra from his home and told me to keep it.
That act of kindness is almost unheard of.
My son and I were so impressed. He touched my heart.

Room Tip: no.because every room we have stayed have been good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Thats what I would like to say to you for saying such nice things about us. We take our job of making our guests comfortable very serious and it shows!
Thanks again!
Aston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We pulled in after a long day of riding. Donald was extremely friendly. He even gave us preferred parking for our Harleys. The rooms were very clean and nice. The breakfast was perfect. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell everybody about your stay!!!! I would hope all our guests would feel this way after there stay with us. It sure would make my staff and I feel like we doing it right! Please come back and see us and Make our Day!

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!