“Expected and got a quality experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 27 hotels in Winchester
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Expected and got a quality experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am not a frequent traveler, but I do enough to know what I am looking for at the end of a tiring day on the road. I have stayed with Comfort Inns before and have been satisfied always. On the night of Aug 1, I stopped for a room in Winchester, Virginia, having driven down from Michigan that day. Luckily, I got one of their last rooms.....a single and unfortunately, a smoking room but I took it. The quality of everything else about the room, the people, the price, the amenities MORE than made up for having to deal with the odor, which was minimal. Please commend the staff on Aug. 1 and morning of Aug 2 for their great customer service, a yummy breakfast in a CLEAN and comfy atmosphere, friendly and easy check-out, and for NOT disappointing my expectation of Comfort Inns. Kathy Sugar, Chesapeake, Virginia

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am very glad that you were comfortable with your stay even though the room type you received was not your first choice due to the smoking. If your ever coming to Winchester again, just give us a call so we will get the room you want. Its great to hear your good comments so we know we are doing our job!

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wilbraham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were traveling between North Carolina and Massachusetts and stopped at the Comfort Inn for one night. While the outside made us think about going elsewhere, we found out that the inside had been completely remodeled. The front desk staff were friendly and professional. The room was remodeled, nicely furnished and clean. We liked that thye left what appears to be the original wood ceiling. The only complaints that we had about the room were the pillows - they were very small and not supportive and the bedspread had cigarette burns in it - even though this was a non-smoking room (it appears that while they have remodeled the rooms they did not replace the bedspreads or pillows yet). Once they complete the outside remodel the hotel will also look very nice. Breakfast was standard fare but better than some places that we have stayed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It is sure nice to have guests notice our renovations. Its been alot of work, during a very busy time at hotel, but guests like you make it all worthwhile. And yes, all new bedding is on the way here very soon, which I have to agree with you, is very much needed. Hope to see you when all is complete!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for several weeks for work and stayed here, I never once saw a staff member that was not friendly or busting their tail doing there job.

Grounds and facility was well kept, they were updating several area as I stayed. Pool was large and super clean.

Breakfast was good. Coffee was always ready all hours of the day! Huge bonus.

Front desk staff was superior. Choice Hotels could take lessons from these folks for some of their other locations.

Close proximity to I81 and a Target shopping center with many dining options.

Pet friendly in one wing of building I would not if noticed if I didn't have my family stay for a few days and bring my dog. Super reasonable pet fee. Rest of building undisturbed by pets tho.

After staying for 2 1/2 weeks I can't find a single negative aspect of my stay. Security is great many cameras,

Great Job Guys!

• Stayed July 2013
My wish would be that all guests would feel like this after their departure from our hotel. My staff and I work very hard to make things nice for our guests, so its great to hear thats it all worthwhile. Please come stay again!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our room was clean and quiet.The grounds were well kept.Eveyone one of the staff were so nice and helpful.The breakfast was good.
We had the choice of staying closer to our family or staying at this hotel.However,we had stayed at this hotel last fall therefore we knew it is superior.
The night we checked in.I asked Donald ,He was working the front desk ,if I could us a charger to charge my cell phone.People sometimes leave them behind when they check out. None that he had fit my cell phone.He lent his to charge me phone.The next night he brought me an extra from his home and told me to keep it.
That act of kindness is almost unheard of.
My son and I were so impressed. He touched my heart.

Room Tip: no.because every room we have stayed have been good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Thats what I would like to say to you for saying such nice things about us. We take our job of making our guests comfortable very serious and it shows!
Thanks again!
Aston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We pulled in after a long day of riding. Donald was extremely friendly. He even gave us preferred parking for our Harleys. The rooms were very clean and nice. The breakfast was perfect. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell everybody about your stay!!!! I would hope all our guests would feel this way after there stay with us. It sure would make my staff and I feel like we doing it right! Please come back and see us and Make our Day!
Middlebury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stopped here after a long day on I-81 and were very happy with this Comfort Inn. The staff was very friendly and easy to deal with, the room was clean and commodious, the ventilation and TV worked just fine. The price was quite reasonable and the breakfast was generous and good. I think we'll make this a regular stop on our trips north and south.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such kind words! Guests like you make it all worthwhile!. We work hard to make our guest want to return to stay with us in the future, so I'm glad to hear we will see you again!
Antrim, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stopped here on our way to SC because it was listed in our AAA trip guide and we're glad we did. The location is so convenient (right next to the interstate, with gas stations and restaurants nearby) and the price was very reasonable. The room was clean and nicely appointed, including a microwave & refrigerator. The bathroom was immaculate ... taking a shower was a great experience ... plenty of hot water, an easily adjusted shower head and lots of safety grip bars. A really nice surprise was the buffet breakfast which was included in the price ... plenty of items from which to choose (hot and cold) and the dining area was clean, attractive and constantly attended by a staff member who was available to offer assistance if needed. The receptionist was extremely pleasant (as were all the staff) and helpful and made us feel that she was happy to have us as guests at her facility. We were so pleased with everything about this motel that we made a point of stopping there again on our way home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review!!! These reviews are our report card and nice to learn that WE PASSED!!! Thank you for stopping again on your return trip, and hope to see you in the future!

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!