“Convenient and Staff Helpful” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 27 hotels in Winchester
New Hampshire
“Convenient and Staff Helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

When we arrived I had a couple of questions regarding rates that I might qualify for and the current promotion the Choice Privileges was running. Gal gave me the rates and even let me call the 800 # so that I could qualify for the promo. Even though they are going through renovations right now, I would not hesitate to stay here. Room was clean and bed comfy.
After a long day of travelling, that is all we needed and don't need to nit-pick about renovations. Staff was very friendly and helpful and that is what matters to us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
It's always great to get good comments about our staff. Thats very important to us to hear that you were taken care of during your visit here, which is very important to us. We would love to see you again and thanks again for taking the time to write a review.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Londonderry, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I would choose another hotel. Dark, dingy rooms, slower than dial-up internet when it works, thin walls, and in serious need of renovation. The carpet was coming up on the floors, walls were dented, wallpaper torn. One night there were beer cans littering the hallways & a hole in the wall where a drunk guy yelling for condoms at 1am punched it. Plus the hotel is next to the train tracks so you can hear the train whistle blowing at 10pm, then at 11pm, and sometimes later. The freeway on the other side of the hotel contributes to road noise too. There is a Denny's restaurant attached to the hotel but others in my group complained of getting sick from their food. However, the hotel staff was nice and helpful and the free breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write the above comment .I would also like to apologize since your stay was not to your satisfaction. First, just want to let you know this is not a normal guest experience. As you seen, our hotel is under renovations, (pretty sure that would Of been the hole in wall thing). We have just won an Gold Award from Choice Hotels for guest satisfaction, which makes this comment upsetting. Please be assured that the issues you have raised, have been addressed, and appropriate action has been taken.We take pride in our hotel and staff, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Again, T.hank you for sharing your concerns with us.
Freeland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is one of the best Comfort Inns I've ever stayed in. The staff was the best and the rooms were spacious and very clean.I give them a BIG thumbs up! An added plus is a Denny's is attached to it. You don't even have to go out to eat after a long day of traveling.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! This is what its all about! Comments like this makes our whole staff feel proud of their job which is very important in the hospitality business. My staff and I work very hard just to receive such great reviews and we look forward to serving all of our guests!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great experience!!!!! Rooms are clean and not dated. Some renovation going on but I didn't mind!!! Near interstate so depending on your room location noise level in room could be high. Otherwise perfect!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your guest experience with us and the world. We strive for these kinda of comments. All comments are like our report cards, and we want straight "A"s! And we will keep working on that, so all guests can expect good service from us during any future stays. We look forward to serving you!!!
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I checked out of this hotel 2/13/2013 and realized I had lost my travel cash. I turned around and at the hotel asked for a key to my room to search for it. A lady from the desk came in to inform me she thought she might have my cash. The security guard was locking the doors at midnight and found cash in the hallway, put it in a envelope and left it to be claimed. GAGE you are the best, it was $150 cash. He could of pocketed it and no one would have known. The staff was amazing from check in to check out and a return back! The rooms rated to the Comfort Suites, cannot express how amazed I am with the experience! Clean, great space for dog to run before the rest of our trip. Breakfast and COFFEE & HONESTY!! Again a shout out to GAGE, MAY YOU BE BLESSED, THANK YOU for not taking advantage of me being tired and not being responsible, you have taken me to another level!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
You willingness to share your guest experience is genuinely appreciated. The principal goal of our staff and hotel, is to have guests leaving with a positive experience. Its even better when these guests take the time from their own busy lives to make such nice comments, its sure makes us feel like all the hard work is worth it. We look forward of taking care of you and all of our guests in this manner in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Would not have picked this except the government mandated I stay here. They try to make it nice but I have cobwebs on the ceiling, cheap line s on the bed and the worst wireless Internet I have ever tried to use. They should just stop with the wireless act and give you a cable. It is terrible!

The staff is friendly but this place has seen better days.

• Stayed January 2013
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you sir for your comments as we are always trying to improve our product and services. First off let me take this opportunity to apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. My staff and I work very hard to provide all our guests with a great experience and your experience is not the norm and I again apologize that you had to endure that. We were fortunate enough to be awarded s Gold award from Choice Hotels for the 2013 year which recopgnizes the top 10% of all Comfort Inn's so I assure you that your comments are not being taken lightly. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with our government groups and have been serving them for the last 7 years and counting and will use your comments to make sure your experience is not repeated as we wish to continue our great relationship with them. Thank you again for your comments and please accept our most sincere apologies.
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stopped here for the night while traveling. The room was clean and pleasant, and the staff were friendly. We stayed in a room with two double beds, which was a little cramped. This was a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write these nice comments. The staff, owner, and myself take pride in our hotel and it shows. We sometimes do wish our rooms were a little larger also, to fit all the items we have added to make the guests stay comfortable, but we can't change that, (at this time, anyway,never know about the future changes! :) ) We do have some exciting renovations going on at this time to makes us even more guest friendly!

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!