“Honesty and integrity” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Honesty and integrity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I checked out of this hotel 2/13/2013 and realized I had lost my travel cash. I turned around and at the hotel asked for a key to my room to search for it. A lady from the desk came in to inform me she thought she might have my cash. The security guard was locking the doors at midnight and found cash in the hallway, put it in a envelope and left it to be claimed. GAGE you are the best, it was $150 cash. He could of pocketed it and no one would have known. The staff was amazing from check in to check out and a return back! The rooms rated to the Comfort Suites, cannot express how amazed I am with the experience! Clean, great space for dog to run before the rest of our trip. Breakfast and COFFEE & HONESTY!! Again a shout out to GAGE, MAY YOU BE BLESSED, THANK YOU for not taking advantage of me being tired and not being responsible, you have taken me to another level!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
You willingness to share your guest experience is genuinely appreciated. The principal goal of our staff and hotel, is to have guests leaving with a positive experience. Its even better when these guests take the time from their own busy lives to make such nice comments, its sure makes us feel like all the hard work is worth it. We look forward of taking care of you and all of our guests in this manner in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Would not have picked this except the government mandated I stay here. They try to make it nice but I have cobwebs on the ceiling, cheap line s on the bed and the worst wireless Internet I have ever tried to use. They should just stop with the wireless act and give you a cable. It is terrible!

The staff is friendly but this place has seen better days.

• Stayed January 2013
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you sir for your comments as we are always trying to improve our product and services. First off let me take this opportunity to apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. My staff and I work very hard to provide all our guests with a great experience and your experience is not the norm and I again apologize that you had to endure that. We were fortunate enough to be awarded s Gold award from Choice Hotels for the 2013 year which recopgnizes the top 10% of all Comfort Inn's so I assure you that your comments are not being taken lightly. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with our government groups and have been serving them for the last 7 years and counting and will use your comments to make sure your experience is not repeated as we wish to continue our great relationship with them. Thank you again for your comments and please accept our most sincere apologies.
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stopped here for the night while traveling. The room was clean and pleasant, and the staff were friendly. We stayed in a room with two double beds, which was a little cramped. This was a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write these nice comments. The staff, owner, and myself take pride in our hotel and it shows. We sometimes do wish our rooms were a little larger also, to fit all the items we have added to make the guests stay comfortable, but we can't change that, (at this time, anyway,never know about the future changes! :) ) We do have some exciting renovations going on at this time to makes us even more guest friendly!
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Registering was a breeze with a friendly young man with plenty of information.

We had a king room on the first floor just around the corner from the desk. The room and bath were very clean and well appointed with a refrigerator and microwave as well as a chifferobe instead of a built in closet. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The room was a little tight on space due to the chifferobe , desk, refrig/microwave, dresser and cushioned chair but was fine for a few nights. There were only 2 towels in the room, but the desk clerk gave more when asked.

We thought at first we would hear traffic accelerating from the traffic light on Martinsburg Pike in front of the motel but that turned out not to be the case. We slept well with no disturbances.

There is a Denny's attached that you can enter off the lobby of the motel. The decor was dated for Denny's but the food and service were good. It worked out great for a rainy night due to Hurricane Sandy.

The motel breakfast was good with the standard fare as well as fresh waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage. The breakfast area was a room by itself and probably seats about 20.

We recommend the motel and will stay here if in the area in the future.

Room Tip: If sensitive to noise, ask for a room away from I-81 and Martinsburg Pike in front (traffic light wi...
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to describe your stay with us. It nice to hear about our property from a guests point of view. We are conveniently located to restaurants, highways, and shopping areas, which you don't realize the outside activity when in the hotel. This does make to a good night's sleep and a choice of eating options. Thanks for statying with us.
Middle Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We chose the Comfort inn in Winchester for a stopover while traveling. The location is right off the interstate which is great when traveling. The room was nicely furnished and roomy and the bed was very comfortable. The service was excellent. Melissa, who was on the front desk was very friendly and went out of her way to help us. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it for anyone else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff, especially Melissa. We all work hard to make our guest feel welcomed and comfortable, buts it great when one of us are singled out and given recognition to a job well done! Thanks for taking the time to do so and hope to see you in the future.
Chestnut Hill, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a fine, clean place with a well-trained and attentive staff. My room was on the second floor and featured a handsome hardwood ceiling which was high and gave a real feeling of space to the room. Furnishings seemed new and lighting was warm and comfortable.

Check-in was handled by "Mother Kelly" who apologized for being unable to give me what I preferred...a first-floor room. This turned out to be a non-issue, and I had a great night's sleep in a very comfortable bed with a pile of pillows.

WiFi service was strong and easily-accessed.

Breakfast was what has become standard fare at this kind of hotel. If that were not sufficient, I could have walked across the lobby and right into a Denny's restaurant which seemed to be in the same building.

Mother Kelly told me I should park my motorcycle under the entrance canopy to keep it out of some expected rain. It was very nice to have this kind of offer.

Room Tip: There is no elevator which I could find, so older travelers and those with disabilities should ask f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Wow, Thanks for letting us know we are doing our job! These are the kind of comments we live for. Even though the industry standards does not think the little things count, I'm here to say they do!
Dauphin, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night while attending an event in the area and doing some sightseeing. We chose the Comfort Inn for two reasons...the ratings on Trip Advisor and because they are pet-friendly (and only $10 extra!). The check-in was fast and the room and bathroom were very clean and well stocked. It looks like the bathroom was recently updated (and although it may sound crass, thanks for the elongated toilet and enough room that my knees didn't hit the wall). I was a little concerned about noise in the hallways and from Denny's, which is attached to the hotel, but I heard nothing. If the room was used prior to our stay for pets, there was no indication at all (some pet-friendly rooms always smell like wet dog). We were pleased with the breakfast selection and there was enough for both of us to leave without wanting more. If in the area, there would be no hesitation about staying at the Comfort Inn again.

Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Even though there was a delay in responding to this comment, I want everyone to know that each and every comment is very important to my staff and I. They tell us what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Thank you for your wonderful thoughts concerning our hotel. We do take pride in what we do, and you just proves that it shows.
Thanks Again

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!