“A Popular Place...with good reason” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 27 hotels in Winchester
Chestnut Hill, MA
“A Popular Place...with good reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a fine, clean place with a well-trained and attentive staff. My room was on the second floor and featured a handsome hardwood ceiling which was high and gave a real feeling of space to the room. Furnishings seemed new and lighting was warm and comfortable.

Check-in was handled by "Mother Kelly" who apologized for being unable to give me what I preferred...a first-floor room. This turned out to be a non-issue, and I had a great night's sleep in a very comfortable bed with a pile of pillows.

WiFi service was strong and easily-accessed.

Breakfast was what has become standard fare at this kind of hotel. If that were not sufficient, I could have walked across the lobby and right into a Denny's restaurant which seemed to be in the same building.

Mother Kelly told me I should park my motorcycle under the entrance canopy to keep it out of some expected rain. It was very nice to have this kind of offer.

Room Tip: There is no elevator which I could find, so older travelers and those with disabilities should ask f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Wow, Thanks for letting us know we are doing our job! These are the kind of comments we live for. Even though the industry standards does not think the little things count, I'm here to say they do!

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dauphin, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night while attending an event in the area and doing some sightseeing. We chose the Comfort Inn for two reasons...the ratings on Trip Advisor and because they are pet-friendly (and only $10 extra!). The check-in was fast and the room and bathroom were very clean and well stocked. It looks like the bathroom was recently updated (and although it may sound crass, thanks for the elongated toilet and enough room that my knees didn't hit the wall). I was a little concerned about noise in the hallways and from Denny's, which is attached to the hotel, but I heard nothing. If the room was used prior to our stay for pets, there was no indication at all (some pet-friendly rooms always smell like wet dog). We were pleased with the breakfast selection and there was enough for both of us to leave without wanting more. If in the area, there would be no hesitation about staying at the Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Even though there was a delay in responding to this comment, I want everyone to know that each and every comment is very important to my staff and I. They tell us what we are doing right, wrong and how we can improve. Thank you for your wonderful thoughts concerning our hotel. We do take pride in what we do, and you just proves that it shows.
Thanks Again
green sea, sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here with our 2 Golden Retrievers- great place for dogs outside has probable 4 mowed acres.
Clean, quiet place except for the dumb-a#^#@! 's kid that was screaming in the hallway at 7:30AM.
Breakfast was ok to good the usual fare but done a little better

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thanks for picking us for you and your pets to stay. With all the options, I really do appreciate your patronage and also for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am also glad that our large back yard is also appreciated. Hope to see you in the future!
Mosherville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Front desk girl very friendly at checkin. Our room was very inviting with a vaulted knotty pine ceiling! There were very nice touches and you can tell the furnishings are newer. Granite in the bathroom. Very nice touches. Refrig and microwave and a coffeemaker! The beds were comfortable and unlike most hotels anymore they actually had real bedding! I say this because I can't stand when the hotels have these pieces of fabric for a "look" that drape across the bed but serve absolutely no purpose in keeping you covered and then leave you with two covers that are basically sheets. This bed had a nice "real" bedspread, a real blanket, pillows. We really appreciated that! The breakfast was nice, ample seating, friendly employees. Marking this one so we can stop here again when traveling through. Only downer was that wifi was not cooperating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice comments about our staff and hotel. We try our best for guests to feel this way after they check out from our hotel. I am sorry about the wifi though and if that ever happens in the future, please call front desk and we will do our best to make sure its running properly. I done this job for quite some time, and I have to say when guests states such nice things, it makes it all worth while!
Thanks Again
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

On the way to Charleston we stopped here and found the hotel very nice
We were welcomed without a reservation and had a very nice room

The pool and sitting area was clean and tidy,also the breakfast was easy and good

Room Tip: Very close to the highway so no lost time looking
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank You for your nice remarks concerning our hotel. We are very accessible from highway, which makes us a convenient stop. I really appreciate guests like you taking the time to review out hotel.
Thanks Again!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The room and facilities were clean but in need of updating. Wi-fi connection was good and there are a good variety of restaurants nearby. Our bed was too soft to be comfortable and we were only given 2 towels though the room was booked for 2 people. So only plan on one shower. Some owner/managers devise strange ways to try to save money. This hotel is fine for one night if your passing through but would not be advisable for a longer stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are in the process of renovating, as you could tell and hope to have that done by next spring. I am very sorry for the mistake that housekeeping made on your towel count, if that would ever happen, please call the front desk and they will bring anything to you as needed, thats one reason we have 24 hour staff. And again, I am sorry for any inconveniece that caused and hope to see you again.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel for one night and it was a great place to stay. The night before we stayed at another Comfort Inn, paid double the price and it wasn't nearly as nice as this one. My children acted as if they were in a five star hotel and wanted to live there. It is very close to restaurants/shopping and the front desk staff was very helpful in giving directions. The pool looked nice but it was too chilly for us to swim when we were there. The breakfast was nothing special but it was free so I can't really complain. My children have already asked if we go to Winchester again, can we stay at the same hotel and I most certainly would. The Denny's next door was a nice feature as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
On behalf of our hotel staff, I would like to thank you. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, so reviews like this make us feel like we are on our way! And yes, we would love for your kids to move in....
Kerry

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!