“Can't Recommend This One:(” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Halifax, Canada
“Can't Recommend This One:(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were on our way back from Florida in April and the Comfort Inn was full so we checked into the Travel Lodge. It was the first time for us to stay at a Travel Lodge. If we were not so tired from driving we would have went someplace else. The front lobby was OK and the front desk was pleasant, However our room left much to be desired. The sheets were paper thin along with thin towels. When I went to bend over a plug in my computer the dirt and dust on the carpet was terrible. I didn't touch anything after that and picked up our luggage and placed it on the spar bed. Sometimes a good rate isn't worth the worry of catching something in the room.

Room Tip: Check your room before you pay for it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked this hotel using hotwire.com and I will be complaining about a couple of items. Mainly- the mattress and box spring are sealed inside noisy, rubberized plastic covers. It's like what you might use to toilet-train a toddler. This means that every time you shift in bed, you hear a loud, squeaky creak.

We got here on a busy Saturday night after 14 hours on the road from Southern Florida. We were looking forward to using the wifi to let our family know that we were having a safe journey thus far. However the wifi did not seem to be working. When I called the front desk about it the response was, "Really, huh, it's working just fine up here." I'm sorry, but if you advertise wifi included in the price, someone should seek to fix it or adjust the price. My husband is a computer engineer, so there were no user-related technical difficulties.

The hotel is clean but very old-fashioned. Our room felt a little damp and musty upon entering but seemed to improve once we turned on the fan. The front desk clerk offered a cheery "Hello" which was nice. The hotel is right off the 81 and really convenient in that regard.

The bedding looks like it's been laundered about 500 times and they could pick up a new, similar quality set at Wal-Mart for about $30.

I realize that this isn't the Hilton and priced accordingly but I have stayed in a variety of budget hotels/motels and this is probably one of the worst experiences I've had.

I will not return and I don't recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have stopped at this hotel in the past. The location is excellent and service good. I forgot to give them my loyalty card. Would you be able to credit my card for this stay? If so, My number is 3248781310. Mr. Shah was very helpful at check in. We will stop in again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Winchester? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Winchester

Address: 160 Front Royal Pike, Winchester, VA 22602
Location: United States > Virginia > Winchester
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Winchester 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Winchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Winchester Travelodge Hotel Winchester
Travel Lodge Winchester
Winchester Travel Lodge

If you own or manage Travelodge Winchester, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.