“nice, comfortable....wingate” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Winchester
highland township, michigan
“nice, comfortable....wingate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

we rented three rooms for my family. all three rooms were clean, firm beds and we liked the refrigerator and microwave in the room. also enjoyed the free internet....it made it easy to keep up on emails and research for the next day sight seeing agenda.

the staff was accessable and friendly. The breakfast bar was some of the best we have seen. make your own waffles...wonderful. the staff kept all the food well stocked. we like to sleep in and we were thrilled when even with only 10 minutes left all items were still available. they even had fresh cookies throughout the day. the dining area opens into the hotel lobby so it was a nice large area for us to congreagate and meet family.

grocery store and even clothes shopping was less than a mile away.

i thought the prices were very reasonable.

• Liked — free internet
  • Disliked — nothing, i hate this question. it challenges you to think of something bad even when you have no complaints. it would be better say ...
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

this hotel is great. the rates r high for the area but are well worth it. when i arrived i was told that they needed to run a hold on my credit card for the room and my check wasnt clearing till midnight that night but they gladly told me to just pay in the morning when i woke up. large room with a jacuzzi for no extra charge. very clean and everything in the room is nice and perfect for my needs. great soft bed with 5 pillows, some soft and some hard. just an overall great experience

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

We had no problems with this particular Wingate hotel, and would recommend it for anyone travelling in the area. Other than hearing a few doors slam once or twice, it was very quiet (don't think there were many staying there that night, either).

Incredible breakfast (biggest and best I've seen in a hotel/motel), pleasant staff, decent indoor pool and hottub. Many restaurants and stores nearby.

Stayed September 2007
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2007

What can I say? This place is horrible. I worked in a hotel years ago, so I know what to expect. When the hotel was built, they obviously cut corners at every opportunity. For example, when guests complained that the pool was very cold, we were told that there is only ONE heater for both the pool and the jacuzzi--they have to switch it back and forth. That is the most asinine thing I have ever heard!
It is very noisy (due to more corner-cutting on the insulation, no doubt) and the vending machines and laundry facilities never work. Apparently the vending machines and the laundry machines are both serviced by companies owned and operated by family members of the management. Also, the satellite television did not work properly.
The computer system at the desk is also unreliable. God help you if you need a copy of a receipt from a previous stay for your records. They have to practically shut the system down and then go into the office and look for the 'disk' that has the records for that date. Meanwhile, everyone else in line has to wait, and wait, and wait . . .
This is by far the most sloppily run property I have ever seen.

Stayed January 2007
Spotsylvania, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2007

My family stayed there this past weekend while we were looking at homes in there area. We stayed here 4 years ago for a wedding I was in so we were familair with the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I told them we needed info on the area as we may decide to relocate and they had plenty to give us. We had a King Bed and a pullout loveseat. Our kids are 3.5 and 11 so it was a tight fit. My youngest felt crowded so we gave her our very comfy and heavy comforter an she slept on the floor. The king bed had a lot of motion to it and wasn't very comfortable, but that's just my opinion. I like firm mattresses and this wasn't. A suggestion for anyone who stays at this hotel...ask for a room on the opposite side of the 2 restaurants. First, I heard a train go by around 1am and then around 3am or so I heard garbage trucks emptying the huge trash dumpsters from Chili's and Glory Days.

You can walk to Chili's or Glory Days through the parking lot and it's very close. The breakfast was not bad, but it didn't include sausage or eggs. I think that's included only on weekdays and we were there on a weekend. Mu husband and kids really enjoyed the pool. The first night it was a bit cold, but they turned up the temp. and they said it was better the next night. All in all, I would recommend this hotel and I would stay in it again. the price wasn't bad either. For a decent hotel around within an hour of D.C. you'll pay around $99/night. It's more expensive the closer you get to the city.

Stayed February 2007
WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

My family of 4 got the executive suite the day after Christmas as a retreat from all the family visiting.

It was a great room except that the sofa bed was too small but they graciously provided a folding bed at no extra charge.

I suppose it is a little expensive but you don't have to go out for breakfast. The continental breakfast is wonderful! A waffle maker and batter is provided along with eggs, sausage and potatoes. There was also the typical other breakfast items such as cereal, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, fruit.

Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cappacino/espresso machine is available all day!

A very nice stay for my family and I happen to be picky.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
State College, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2006

This was my second stay at this particular hotel, just over a year apart. Both stays were very good. I stopped here due to three other hotels being booked for the July 4th weekend. It is a little further into town, but located near several restaruants. My check in was at 9 pm and the front desk staff were very helpful. However, the only room available was a King suite. Since I had been traveling for 11 hours, I decided to take it. Very large room and a very comfortable bed. The room and the bath were both very clean. But It was a lot more room than I needed. The breakfast was regular continental (cereal, pastries, coffee, juice, etc) but I really liked being able to make your own waffles. The room was just over $100 and that included the gov rate. If you are on an expense account, or looking for a step up from the more common hotels, this would be ok. I will say on my previous stay, my wife and I stayed in the regular dbl room which was more than adequate for us. It was also about $20 cheaper.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Winchester? Share your experiences!