“Pleasure trip” 4 of 5 stars

You added Wingate by Wyndham Winchester to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Winchester
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Wingate Dr., Winchester, VA 22601   |
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Winchester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
SUFFOLK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

everything was fine except the mattress was way too soft. i had back surgery fifteen months ago and i thought my pain was over until that night, get firmer mattresses and you guys will be top rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Priya P, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Winchester, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your response. I am glad that you found everything except the bed to be at your standards. I am so sorry that the bed was too soft for your needs. We do have pillow top mattress in all the rooms. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
VIRGINIA BEACH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

From the moment I walked in I wanted to leave, buy was convinced by family to stay cause it was late and we couldn't find anything that had available rooms. We had no hot water and I wanted to shower right away after being up for 18 hrs. I was told let the water run for 15 to 20 mins to get it hot, that is ridiculous. If a place is high on conservation why in the hell would u have to run water and waste wo much to get the water hot. After I was told that I wanted to leave and was angered, because I felt I was being mocked. And no other method was made to remedy the situation, so I basically took Luke warm showers. Inexcusable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Priya P, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Winchester, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. I also apologize the way the front desk handled your concern with not having hot water. We do try to conserve as much as possible. Unfortunately, when the building was constructed the water heaters were placed on the first floor on one end of the building, therefore the hot water takes a while to pump through pipes at off peak times. Once again thank you for your comments and taking the time to post them.
ORLEANS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stay at this hotel almost every time we head south. Very conveniently located with decent restaurants nearby. Staff is always friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for being a loyal customer, we strive to earn your business. Your comments are truly appreciated. On your next visit please ask to speak with me, I would love to say "thank you" in person.
LADY LAKE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

great value good furnishing easy on/off access to highway

this review should not be required did not stay long enough for a super duper review and I find this a waste of my time. This review is the only negative I have to report.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize about you having to post a review. With the help of Wyndham, we use surveys to evaluate how our hotel is performing. These evaluations allow us to better serve our customers' needs and provide the best service possible. Thank you again.
Southampton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with really comfy beds. Our room smelled of cigarette smoke really bad and this is suppose to be a non smoking facility. We were really not happy with that! There were some cigarette burns on some of the furniture. If the room didn't smell, this would gave been a great review.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We have become a 100% non smoking facility as of September and are still in the process of doing renovations to our last two rooms that were previously smoking rooms. I apologize about the odor, the rooms have been put out of order for further renovations. Thank you again for posting a review.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Winchester? Share your experiences!