The hotel looks and feels clean and modern.
We got a higher floor room as requested. The size of the rooms is comfortable enough. It's clean and seems to be well maintained. The beds are good. Overall, no complaints here.
The pool is okay. No shower though. And, the towels could be better.
The only thing unexpected was the breakfast. We got the breakfast package and I was expecting a buffet breakfast. I think this is a first for me, for a hotel breakfast package to be a la carte. Apparently, they do buffet on weekends though. The restaurant is not busy at all, just 2 or 3 parties including us. The service wait time was not bad but buffet would have been faster as we were on our way back from home.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Se Historic Gateway Hotel Winchester
- Holiday Inn Se Historic Gateway Hotel
- Holiday Inn Winchester
- Winchester Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newest hotel in Virginia's famed Shenandoah Valley. Holiday Inn Historic Gateway, located just off I-8 in the heart of Winchester, VA, is close to the area's historic sites and modern corporations. Our Winchester hotel understands the needs of the business traveler so we offer high-speed, wireless Internet access, a 24-hour business center and excellent meeting facilities. Our hotel is minutes from Shenandoah University, Trex, American Woodmark, Kraft, HP Hood and Rubbermaid. Leisure travelers appreciate our hotel's Winchester, VA location because it allows them to easily visit the Valley's top attractions such as Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, Luray Caverns and Skyline Drive. With a central location for Civil War sites, museums, wineries, and golf courses, we're the ideal choice of hotel in the Shenandoah Valley.Our hotel amenities make your stay a terrific experience. There's an indoor pool with an outdoor sundeck, a well-equipped fitness center and a 24-hour convenience store for snacks and sundries. You can dine on American cuisine at Kem's Restaurant & Bar. We'll be happy to create a golf package for you to play your choice of nearby courses like Rock Harbor or Virginia National. Our professional and courteous staff welcomes you with Southern hospitality and a warm smile. You can relax when you stay at our Holiday Inn Historic Gateway hotel in Winchester, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.