We stayed here for one night during our road trip through PA and VA. Nice, clean hotel with friendly staff. We had a king room that had a comfy bed, though we had to call for extra pillows because the size of the pillows on the bed were the size of couch throw pillows. The bathroom was spacious and had only a shower with slide glass doors. Water pressure was nice. I do wish there was a place that was big enough to hold a standard size shampoo and conditioner, but the shower floor worked OK. What I really liked about the bathroom was that the door opened out. So many hotel bathrooms have the door open in to the bathroom which makes you have to dance around the door to get in and out and often you have to close the door just to be inside the bathroom. They do have coffee makers in the rooms, but be sure to bring your own water because they don't offer bottled water in the room.
Overall, nice and easy place to stay. I didn't even wake up once throughout the entire night!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Se Historic Gateway Hotel Winchester
- Holiday Inn Se Historic Gateway Hotel
- Holiday Inn Winchester
- Winchester Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newest hotel in Virginia's famed Shenandoah Valley. Holiday Inn Historic Gateway, located just off I-8 in the heart of Winchester, VA, is close to the area's historic sites and modern corporations. Our Winchester hotel understands the needs of the business traveler so we offer high-speed, wireless Internet access, a 24-hour business center and excellent meeting facilities. Our hotel is minutes from Shenandoah University, Trex, American Woodmark, Kraft, HP Hood and Rubbermaid. Leisure travelers appreciate our hotel's Winchester, VA location because it allows them to easily visit the Valley's top attractions such as Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, Luray Caverns and Skyline Drive. With a central location for Civil War sites, museums, wineries, and golf courses, we're the ideal choice of hotel in the Shenandoah Valley.Our hotel amenities make your stay a terrific experience. There's an indoor pool with an outdoor sundeck, a well-equipped fitness center and a 24-hour convenience store for snacks and sundries. You can dine on American cuisine at Kem's Restaurant & Bar. We'll be happy to create a golf package for you to play your choice of nearby courses like Rock Harbor or Virginia National. Our professional and courteous staff welcomes you with Southern hospitality and a warm smile. You can relax when you stay at our Holiday Inn Historic Gateway hotel in Winchester, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.