“Beautiful Retreat!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Glen Allen
“Beautiful Retreat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Mountain Song Inn over a Sept. 2012 VT football weekend. Chris and Andy were very accomodating to our schedule throughout the weekend. Andy greeted us warmly on a late Friday night arrival. With a early kickoff time on Saturday, we unfortunately had to miss one of Chris' gourmet breakfasts, but she graciously made us delicious egg croissant sandwiches and hot coffee for our ride into Blacksburg. We made it back to the Inn in time to enjoy the beautiful sunset from the front deck with a great brick oven pizza from Dogtown Pizza in downtown Floyd. Sunday morning my husband hiked the property, and then we enjoyed Chris's supberb breakfast. The accomocations were outstanding, and the innkeepers were lovely hosts. We will definitely return to Mountain Song Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ccmoreno, Manager at Mountain Song Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you, we hope to see you in 2013.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
cleveland, nc, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We really enjoyed our anniversary weekend at Mountain Song Inn. Chris and Andy were the best. They were always helpful with information about local activities and dining. The views of the mountains in the mornings and watching the wildlife in the evenings was so relaxing. The rooms were beautiful and the food was to die for. The scenic drives to the neighboring towns was enjoyable and taking time to walk through some of them was great. Our weekend was AWESOME but most of all I feel the best part of our stay at the Inn was our conversations with Chris and Andy and the way they made us feel at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ccmoreno, Owner at Mountain Song Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
See you next year. CM
ark va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Cannot say enough about the superb breakast, attention to detail throughout the inn and view of the Virginia mountains. But all the forgoig pales in comparison to Chris and Andy. The perfect hosts, no detail too small, no request too large. They make you feel at home immediately and are fabulous conversationalists. We like to go for long weekends so we are pampered for that extra day. We are already planning a spring visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious clean and excellently appointed. Especially like the two front rooms as...
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

From the moment we arrived we felt comfortable, relaxed, and pampered. Our room, the inn, the grounds, and the views were amazing. The breakfast was so delicious. It's hard to put into words how much we enjoyed it. We also appreciated some extras like access to a refrigerator and complimentary sodas, coffee, and snacks. Innkeepers Chris and Andy are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. We so enjoyed spending time with them. The only down side of our visit was having to leave on Sunday!

Clarksville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We totally enjoyed our stay at Mountain Song Inn. Chris and Andy were very warm and welcoming. The breakfasts were scrumptious and included homemade yogurt, fresh fruit, German apple pancakes, homemade biscuits, banana bread, and more. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. And best of all were the mountain views and total peace and quiet. Also, Chris and Andy were very helpful in providing us with information about things to do in the area -- including nearby hikes off the Blue Ridge Parkway and bluegrass music at the Floyd Country Store. Would definitely return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I came across this property on the internet when I was looking for places to stay near where the Floyd Yoga Jam was going to take place. Before really looking at all the details of the place, I focused more on the distance. It was the closest place to the festival so I booked it. This was about 4 months ago. The weekend finally came when I was leaving for the Floyd Yoga Jam. I arrived to the Inn and I was taken away by the immediate surrounding beauty. Set on 14 acres, this home has clear views to the mountains around, to majestic sunrises, and a complete serenity that leaves one speechless and at ease. Andy and his wife Chris are the perfect hosts. When I checked in, they made me feel like family; immediately offering a light homemade snack and a refreshing made from scratch lemonade. We all sat in the common area and chatted a bit as we had known each other for years, as I said, like family. I stayed in the Country Cottage room. This room's windows opened to face the mountains and sunrises. Super comfortable bed that was most welcoming after a long day at the yoga jam! Breakfast was amazing. I follow a vegetarian diet, and Chris made a breakfast that suited my diet. She went above and beyond and I admire her creativity and love of cooking and presentation of the dishes, because there were several. If I remember correctly, there were three courses at breakfast. The first morning we started off with fresh fruit with the option of a homemade mint syrup to drizzle over, the second course was homemade peach sorbet with homemade granola sprinkled over, and the third course was homemade blueberry pancakes, with cube seasoned oven potatoes and asparagus. The second morning followed with equally delicious servings along with fresh homemade french bread, buttermilk biscuits and homemade yogurts. They truly outdid themselves and I will always be grateful to them for such warm welcomings. When I left, I felt like I was saying goodbye to family. Andy and Chris and their Mountain Song Inn Bed and Breakfast is a must!! Thank you both so very much and I look forward to staying there again!

Room Tip: There are three rooms available to choose. I stayed in the room with the king size bed that was a l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Roxboro NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Arrived easily at Mountain Song Inn due to impeccable directions on their website. We were warmly greeted by the hosts and offered refreshments while we chatted and got to know each other. After a brief rest, we went into Floyd VA and tried one fo the recommended restaurants - which was an excellent recommendation. Came back and enjoyed a little time on the upstairs deck watching the fog roll in from a light rain storm. A most relaxful night's sleep on the wonderful king-size bed with the best feeling sheets. Our room faced the East and we were really looking forward to lying in bed and watching it the next morning. We were not diappointed - beautiful scenery. First class amenities inthe bedrooms and the entire Inn offers so many comfortable places to relax. Wish we had planned a longer trip to enjoy everything the Inn offers but that only made us want to come back. Check in and out was very smooth. There aren't words to express the breafkast because it surpassed any I have stayed in before - and that includes Europe. You can tell Chris and Andy have people skills that are laced with spoiling you. My friend with me was experiencing a B&B for the first time and he couldn't believe it. He was a little skeptical at first, I could tell; but I think I have a converter from just hotels now. Of course, he'll find out later what a great first experience he did have. It will be like cruising on the QE2 first..then going on a Carnvial ship. This would be a great adventure for 3 couples that like to travel together. There were 3 bedrooms in the lower level and you never heard anyone moving around. A great snack room was available and a large refrigerator to chill your own wine. Afternoon or midnight snacks were also available. This place is a MUST DO.

Room Tip: We liked the room facing the East for the morning sunrise; but the other two rooms had nice views a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mountain Song Inn? Share your experiences!