“One of the worse places I have ever eaten.” 1 of 5 stars

(757) 229-1388
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“One of the worse places I have ever eaten.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

First it took one hour and twenty minutes to get the food to the hotel.
The gyro was on bread so hard and chewy I couldn't eat it. The gyro also lacked taste.
My husband ordered the Philly steak sub. There was almost no meat on the sandwich.
We are both not only disappointed, but still hungry. We now need to go find something for supper.
I should gave read the reviews before I ordered. I will from now on.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

This place was absolutely terrible to attend. The people working there were absolute jerks to the customers, and not in a way that was at all endearing. If you're in New town, i highly suggest the green leaf across the street over the short stop, because you will be treated much better there. Bottom-line, avoid the shot stop if you can. There's nothing good about it.

• Visited March 2011
richmond virginia
“always tasty subs and quick service but no seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

After reading the previous reviews Idecided to write and correct a few
things.First off all Ive going to this place and getting subs since i was
a student at W&M in the early 90s.Every time im in town I try tostop by
to grab a sub and it nnever takes more than 5 minutes.All their subs are still
under 5 dollars so i think these people posted for the wrong place. This place
is nowhere close to Merchant square,its on merrimac trail near James york
plaza. the only backdraw to this place is that it has no seating inside only
the picknic tables outside.

• Visited November 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Luray, Virginia
“Mixed review... some good food, some poor and terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

We had lunch at the Short Stop Deli in Williamsburg on Saturday, May 15th. Yes it was William and Mary's graduation weekend and one of the employees mentioned how busy it was. However, it was much less busy than most delis in a city at lunch time. There was a long wait to order and an even longer wait for the food (over 50 minutes).

The sandwiches were very tasty, but the salad was terrible. I had ordered the warm bacon dressing but got chilled bacon dressing instead. I could not find anyone to exchange the dressing. The order taker had disappeared and the pick-up counter was so crowded that I couldn't yell to an employee. So I figured how bad could the chilled dressing be? Well, it was about the worst thing I have ever eaten. It was like eating solid Crisco on lettuce. After one bite, we just left.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Also known as Mama Mia's Pizza- Don't do it!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I do not like writing negative reviews and usually try to stay neutral versus negative, but I do not want anyone else to waste their money. Most hotels have the flyer for this pizza place in their information for places that deliver~ The Courtyard at the Marriot gave it to us as a choice. The menu looks great, but.....the food is over priced and tastes like it came from the microwave at 7-11.