“Looking for Authenic Italian Pizza?” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #208 of 341 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Looking for Authenic Italian Pizza?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

After driving all around Historic Williamsburg Virginia, looking for somewhere to have lunch, I came across Stephano's Pizza and Subs. The parking was next to the restaurant and free. Although, the menu was posted with another restaurant next to Stephano's, so, it can be a little confusing to figure, however, once you enter Stephano's you may be in for a great treat.

I can compare the pizza they served me to pizzas I have had in "Italy"!!!

This has to be Williamsburg's biggest secret. I had lunch around 1 PM and the place had almost no customers, so I'm sure very few people know about how great their food is.

The service was very good and there are several flat screen T.V.'s, so, this has to be a great place to watch sporting events.

The price's are very reasonable and you can dress casual, so, if you are into good pizza, Stephano's Pizza and Subs is where you want to go.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Southeastern, Pennsylvania
“The wait was annoying”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently stopped in here to grab a quick bit after visiting the area. The place was not at all crowded but the line to place an order was ridicously long or should I say the line was not that long it just took forever for it to move. The order taker was friendly enough but really was a bit slow in taking orders. It was annoying enough that I don't know if I'd go back even though the sandwiches and pizza were pretty good. This is the kind of place where you order and get a number and a server brings the food to what ever table you sit at an put your number on. They need to add a second cash register. I suppose some of the delay could be caused by tourist standing in line and not knowing what the heck they wanted but that wasn't the entire issue. Really get a second register.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Great pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were looking for lunch while touring Colonial Williamsburg and pretty much just happened upon Stephanos. And we were glad we did. There were 8 of us-4 adults, 2 12yr. old, a 14 yr. old and 15 yr. old). The pizza and cheesy garlic bread were awesome. What I really loved was that not only could you do toppings on half the pizza, but you could divide the sauce choice as well. So I had the pesto sauce on my side while my daughter had the traditional on the other. The staff was friendly and the food came fairly quickly.
FYI-you order at the counter and then sit--and then they bring it to you.
Definitely would recommend this place :-)

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“wish we could have eaten here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We tried to eat here twice. We walked through the doors at 8:00pm, only to be told, in a very rude way, that they were closed. We were made to feel as if we were imposing on them as they were closing. What pizza joint closes at 8:00?? We called the next night, around 6:30 to make sure they were open. The phone rang and rang, and no one answered. We assumed they were not open. We called again, and they did answer...and when we asked what time they were open to, were told that they would probably close around 8:00 or so..." Seriously? Wish I could review the food - but I did not like how we were treated like intruders when we walked in after closing, and I certainly cannot wrap my head around a place that keeps random operating hours.

Visited June 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Quick and tasty lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Six of us had a very good lunch here. Outside seating, serves beer/wine, has pizzas and various sandwiches. Prices and portions are good and the service was pretty fast, considering it was even Memorial Day so the town was crowded.

• Visited May 2013