“Stunning!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast

You added Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1109 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Free Parking, Wifi & More
Ranked #10 of 26 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Springfield, Virginia
“Stunning!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We originally sought out Colonial gardens Bed & Breakfast to celebrate a quiet romantic place to celebrate our 7 yr anniversary. The room was perfect we stayed in The Rhododendron suite. It had an old world feel to it,and you could see the backyard from the seating area. This particular B&B was perfectly located...most of the others in the area were right off the road w/very little yard space, but Colonial was tucked away and further from the university. It was Feb. and yet there were flowers in full bloom. Gorgeous!
The day we arrived there was actually a wedding planned for the same day,but Karen was very nice to let us check in very early. She gave us a tour of the house..which was breath taking and then she let us be.
The second night of our stay my then boyfriend proposed. I was totally caught off guard. Karen & Ron are great secret keepers! Karen & Ron took the time to place rose petals all around the room,candles,had the fireplace going,and my favortie part a bottle of champagne. It was more than I could ever dream of. It was a magical moment and the staging of the room is something I can't wait to tell our kids about one day.
Karen and Ron were completly down to earth and just overall warm and welcoming. The breakfast was definitly worth breaking my diet for. I look forward to many more stays here and highly reccomend it to everyone.

Thank you Karen & Ron!

Love,
Sylvia & Adrian

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
innkeepercg, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so excited to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and to hear that it was a successful proposal. Best to you both come see us again.
Karen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed 4 nights in the Rhododendron Suite during the Christmas illuminations celebration in Colonial Williamsburg. Karen & Ron welcomed us into their home and immediately made us feel as though we had been friends for years. Scrumptious breakfasts, comfy bed and insider knowledge of the area helped to make our stay perfect. Without hesitation, a definite winner in all categories. Jeri & Jerry

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
innkeepercg, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! I have to say you two were a pleasure to have here, I think the other guests at the B&B that weekend would agree. Please come back and see us again sometime.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

We stayed her for a night just as a quick getaway (Christmas gift from in-law for night away from our children). :) We visited multiple other B&Bs before deciding on this one. We made the right choice! Karen does such a great job from local recommendations to cooking an amazing breakfast! We have stayed in many B&Bs in several countries, this one ranks amongst one of our favorites. Colonial decor and hospitality. You will not be disappointed! Our room was the azalea - fantastic roomy with the separate sitting area. As we are living in Florida we really enjoyed the fireplace, added to the romance. :) Getting to chat with Karen and the other guest for breakfast was also a highlight, one of my favorite parts of staying at a B&B. :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
innkeepercg, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thanks you so much for your kind review! I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed it so much. Thank you and please come see us again sometime!
College Park, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

This was my first visit ever to a B&B and I think Karen has set a pretty high standard for all the future B&B's to come. Karen was very accommodating from the word go when I booked my stay a couple of weeks ago to book a cozy weekend with my husband for his bday.

I called in the previous day to let her know of the late check-in and requested for a bday cake and she happily made arrangements for both.

The rooms were wonderful (we took the Primrose) as a personal choice though, I prefer softer beds. But the decor was nice, completely Colonial and very comfortable otherwise. My only disappointment was with the shower area, which was too tiny and claustrophobic. I think it was about 3x3ft only! Although, a disclaimer, it could be just with the Primrose suite only.

The best part of the day at Colonial Garden was the breakfast time. Conversation and food was amazing. I would definitely be back for that supper yummy French toast. If you are in the Williamsburg area, I would highly recommend booking your stay here!

Room Tip: Karen is a lovely inn-keeper and the Consummate Hostess! You must try her French Toast!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks you so much for your kind review! We know that shower is small, we are looking into how to make it larger. Your right in the all the other rooms have much larger bathrooms and showers.
We are so very glad you both had a nice time and sure hope to see you again sometime!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

This bed and breakfast is the perfect getaway! My husband and I first came here to get married. The owner, Karen, took care of every detail! We will continue to come back whenever we come to the Williamsburg area. Call Karen today and find out more about this wonderful romantic retreat! Worth every penny!

Room Tip: Make sure to read room descriptions carefully to get the exact room you want. Each room is slightly...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
innkeepercg, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! We were so happy to help you put together your special day. We are so pleased you enjoyed it. Hope we see you again soon.
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We were sent here by our english tour company, for two nights, but would return any time under our own steam. This was probably the best B&B we stayed in during our USA tour. Our host was welcoming and friendly. It was a nice touch that she came and had a chat over breakfast was we drank her most unusual blend of coffee, a very good brew too. She had provided drinks and snacks to help ourselves to in the afternoon. The room was spotlessly clean and tidy. It was also cool despite the 96 degree heat. There was nothing to fault. Breakfast was a gastonomic triumph. You could not guess at waht was to arrive on your plate. It is situated on a main road into Williamsburg, but the traffic noise was not noticeable despite our room being on the front. It was also only a short drive to the town where there was to be found plenty of evening dining. I cannot rate this accommodation highly enough and would recommend it to anyone looking for a place in this area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
innkeepercg, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Malcolm! Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure to have you and your family here for your American adventure. We are so glad you found us accommodating and comfortable. Hope to see you again sometime
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I surprised my husband for out 25th wedding anv. with a romantic weekend getaway. Karen was wonderful she and I talked on the phone and made all the plans for my surprise. When we arrived there was wine, fruit and cheese tray waiting in our room. After dinner at the same resturant that my husband purposed to me , we returned to the inn with chocolate covered strawberries wating in our room for us.. Each morning we started our day with a relaxing gourmet breakfast...Karen is a wonderful cook. All the special details imported coffee, beutiful place settings, ahh the food...so yummy. This was our first time at a B&B, it was a great experience and we will defently return again. Thank you Karen we enjoyed our stay and feel we made a new friend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
innkeepercg, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. When you first called about your idea to surprise your husband with your “Original proposal” anniversary, I thought it would be fun to help you. It certainly was and you made my day as well! Hope to see you two again soon.
Karen

Been to Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!