“Wonderful any time of year!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1109 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Free Wine Tour & Tasting
Ranked #9 of 26 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful any time of year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

This bed and breakfast is the perfect getaway! My husband and I first came here to get married. The owner, Karen, took care of every detail! We will continue to come back whenever we come to the Williamsburg area. Call Karen today and find out more about this wonderful romantic retreat! Worth every penny!

Room Tip: Make sure to read room descriptions carefully to get the exact room you want. Each room is slightly...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
innkeepercg, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! We were so happy to help you put together your special day. We are so pleased you enjoyed it. Hope we see you again soon.
Karen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We were sent here by our english tour company, for two nights, but would return any time under our own steam. This was probably the best B&B we stayed in during our USA tour. Our host was welcoming and friendly. It was a nice touch that she came and had a chat over breakfast was we drank her most unusual blend of coffee, a very good brew too. She had provided drinks and snacks to help ourselves to in the afternoon. The room was spotlessly clean and tidy. It was also cool despite the 96 degree heat. There was nothing to fault. Breakfast was a gastonomic triumph. You could not guess at waht was to arrive on your plate. It is situated on a main road into Williamsburg, but the traffic noise was not noticeable despite our room being on the front. It was also only a short drive to the town where there was to be found plenty of evening dining. I cannot rate this accommodation highly enough and would recommend it to anyone looking for a place in this area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
innkeepercg, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Malcolm! Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure to have you and your family here for your American adventure. We are so glad you found us accommodating and comfortable. Hope to see you again sometime
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I surprised my husband for out 25th wedding anv. with a romantic weekend getaway. Karen was wonderful she and I talked on the phone and made all the plans for my surprise. When we arrived there was wine, fruit and cheese tray waiting in our room. After dinner at the same resturant that my husband purposed to me , we returned to the inn with chocolate covered strawberries wating in our room for us.. Each morning we started our day with a relaxing gourmet breakfast...Karen is a wonderful cook. All the special details imported coffee, beutiful place settings, ahh the food...so yummy. This was our first time at a B&B, it was a great experience and we will defently return again. Thank you Karen we enjoyed our stay and feel we made a new friend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
innkeepercg, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. When you first called about your idea to surprise your husband with your “Original proposal” anniversary, I thought it would be fun to help you. It certainly was and you made my day as well! Hope to see you two again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011 via mobile

I went there to get married and have the my most romantic weekend of my life and it was that and more.The place was beautiful and romantic.The service from the time I got there until we left was great.The owners were both nice and giving.I actually felt like they were our friends and family.Our days there were like a dream and I wish we could have stayed there forever.Also the food was so delicious and they were so great for being there before we got there for things we needed and after we got there.They listened to everything we said we wanted and hoped for.I will be going back for our anniversery and maybe before then.Thankyou Karen for a wonderful stay

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. You made such a beautiful Bride too! We so enjoyed helping you put together a special wedding day and honeymoon! Hope to see you two again on an anniversary!
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We absolutely loved this B&B. The inn keeper, Karen was wonderful. The complimentary gourmet breakfast each morning was a wonderful beginning to the day. The rooms are very clean with comfortable bedding. I would highly recommend coming here for a romantic Williamsburg getaway. We will be back next year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. It makes me feel great when we achieve our goal of making you want to return!!
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I had the privilege of attending a family wedding that was held here over a 3 day weekend. Some of the family stayed at the property, but I was a guest. I saw all the guest rooms, each with their own bath, and was delighted by their charm. I attended family breakfast twice and it was wonderful. The wedding cermony was held in the garden with a reception for about 30 guests inside. The owner and hostess, Karen did it all - photography, meals, service - wonder woman. I'm contemplating a weekend for my hubby and I so we too can be spoiled by Karen.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
kittn1, innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. We love helping folks make memories like this. We also enjoyed meeting your family and friends! Maybe we will see you on an anniversary some year.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We had our wedding at the bed and breakfast on May 14, Karen was extremely accomadating, kind, friendly, very organized and so helpful. The weather was looking a bit off but the sun came out just a few hours before the wedding and Karen and her husband and managed to set up oustide for the wedding, It was beautiful!!
The food and hospitality she provided to my husband and I and our familiy was beyond what I could have asked for.
With the stress of my fiancee being stationed overseas, Karen took care of all the wedding details, flowers, cake, decorations and she even managed to get our 7 kids to behave and participate in the ceremony, walk where they were supposed to and most of all they were still smiling!! The only sad part is that it only lasted the weeked, Thanks Karen, You did an outstanding job and you helped make our special day one that we will cherish forever!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
kittn1, Innkeeper at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy that we helped to make your day special. We love having weddings here & we very much enjoyed meeting your family and friends. Our goal is to have everyone who stays here and / or gets married here to feel compelled to write such a review so we go the extra mile. Best wishes to the both of you and make sure to come stay with us on an anniversary!
Karen

Been to Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!