“The Best” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary and stayed at The Cedars of Williamsburg Bed & Breakfast. We had a wonderful experience! The Inn was absolutely gorgeous, Bob & his staff were most gracious and accommodating! This trip was a complete "surprise" for me. My husband, with Bob's assistance, planned our itinerary and the entire trip was fabulous. The food was awesome; the gazebo outback provided a quiet, romantic setting while my husband and I enjoyed a glass of wine!

Treat yourselves and visit the Cedars of Williamsburg!

The Kinnaman's
Morehead City, NC

Stayed April 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
chesapeake va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

This is our 2nd stay at the Cedars of Williamsburg. The staff and accomodations are excellent and we look forward to our next getaway!

• Liked — general appearance and a great breakfast
Ponchatoula, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

On a recent early April (cherry blossom) visit with our son who lives in D.C., my wife and I drove over for a one night stay in Williamsburg. It was our first time there. We had made a reservation for the Cedars and the George Washington suite based on reviews and photos on the internet. It was perfect. We met Grace in the early afternoon when we checked in. She is very gracious and she showed us what we needed to know (thermostat, room and front door locks, breakfast room with drink cooler suitable for keeping our champagne cold).
For pizza/Italian, Grace suggested Sal's. I had one of the best meat-lover pizzas in my life. My wife had a great vegetarian pizza. We decided to drive over to Jamestown for the rest of the afternoon. The weather was cool and overcast and we were among only a few visitors. The drive around the island and the exhibits and the fort are not to be missed. We were the last people to leave that evening. Deer were grazing nearby as we left.
Returned to the Cedars for champagne and showers and to relax a little before supper. No one else was about.
Aberdeen Barn was great for prime rib and conversation with the owner's daughter/manager. Another good choice.
Blissful sleep in the four poster bed. A marvelous breakfast. We met Bob, our very pleasant host, who is active in Williamsburg projects. He chatted us up and then had to leave for a meeting. We met and spoke with two other couples who had spent the night.
We checked out after breakfast then walked around Colonial Williamsburg for a couple of hours. Awesome! Then we drove over to Yorktown and checked out the exhibits and the short film about the Revolutionary battle of Yorktown. All great stuff. Headed back to D. C. for the evening.
A stay at the Cedars was the right choice and we would happily return.

• Liked — Quality appointments.
  • Disliked — Fireplace temporarily out of propane and not working.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

We just returned from a trip to Williamsburg and stayed two nights at Cedars. It was a wonderful experience and just what we had hoped it would be. Staying in this bed and breakfast made us feel like we were a part of the history. The location is great-a 15 minute walk to Colonial Williamsburg and right across the street from William and Mary. We stayed in the Christopher Wren room on the 3rd floor. Very quiet, clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were very good and the owner was very friendly and enjoyable to talk to. Very efficent and friendly staff. Cedars was an ideal place for our short getaway. The place was not very busy when we were there so we had the opportunity to see most of the rooms and they all looked great. I would not hesitate to recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

I didn't actually stay here, but planned a trip to Williamsburg with my husband and 9 month old daughter. On their website they mention that they welcome children, so I was excited to book here.

I called to make the reservation, and there was a problem. This is how the conversation went:

Me:"We have a 9 month old daughter, so we will need to reserve a pack and play."
Cedars Rep: "ummm, hmmm...."
Me: "Is there a problem?"
CR: "Well, a baby, well, ummm. Is she going to cry?"
Me: "I'm really not sure, but I don't plan on LETTING her cry."
CR: "ummm, well (absolutely uncomfortable), if she cries that might be a problem."
Me: "I am not in the practice of letting her cry, especially if we are staying away from home. But I can't guarantee that she won't utter a small cry at some point to let us know she is unhappy."
CR : (doesn't know what to say but clearly doesn't want us to reserve there.)
Me: "I guess you don't want us staying there then? I thought you were child friendly?"
CR: "well, not if the child will cry at all."

Writing this out makes me laugh actually, as this women obviously has never dealt with a child. I just thought it was pretty fraudulent to say they are child friendly when really, they are not. It doesn't say "children under 6 not permitted" or some such variation, and really this just annoyed me (especially when a lot of places do). So we didn't stay here. Just putting in my two cents.

Stayed February 2008
Bob-Tubbs, Owners at Cedars of Williamsburg Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 15, 2008
We are a family-friendly estalishment and apologize if this reviewer took our questions as any more than trying to find the "right" room situation for visiting families with infants.

In this case, it happened to be Valentines weekend which meant that many of the other guests in the house that were couples travelling without children. The way the house is laid out, certain rooms work better for families with small children/infants than others and that was the purpose of the questions. According to my wife, I cry more than any infant...but that comes from trying to graduate from Husband school!

Had you stayed with us, you would have discovered how we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional guest experience. I hope you would give us a chance to met you and your family on a future trip to Williamsburg.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

My wife and I are 28 years of age. We didn't know what to expect from our first stay at a B&B. We have not had a night away in awhile and thought we would try something different. We were not disappointed at all with the Cedars and Williamsburg.
The owner of the Cedars, Mr. Tubbs, was very hospitable and made us feel very welcomed in his B&B. He went out of his way to make our dinner reservations for us to an excellent restaurant close by and greeted us for a delicious breakfast the following morning. One of the best aspects of the Cedars is the location. One that made me choose to stay there. We were able to walk to the market square and into the colonial section of Williamsburg in about ten minutes.
The Cedars was a very nice place and has many elegantly decorated colonial style rooms to choose from. The breakfast was great and the atmosphere was what we were looking for. I would recommend this place to my friends and family any day!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Town closed early due to season
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

My husband and I lucked in in finding The Cedars at Williamsburg on the internet and were amazed at the friendly and helpful support we received from the Bob and Grace and staff. We were charmed by the decor of the rooms and the wonderful livingroom with fireplace and all the comforts one would need. The breakfasts were 'over the top'. Well done Bob, Grace and Deedee.

Stayed March 2008

Been to Cedars of Williamsburg Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!