“Just Perfect !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Applewood Colonial Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Applewood Colonial Bed and Breakfast
You added Applewood Colonial Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
605 Richmond Rd., Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #5 of 26 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Just Perfect !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Me , my husband & sister stayed here for my birthday last October , the house is Beautiful, Denise is the perfect hostess , our room was very comfortable , clean & decorated beautifully . Just booked our stay for my birthday this year :)

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I highly recommend this B&B for anyone traveling to Williamsburg, especially if visiting the College of William & Mary. The inn is just a block from campus, with free parking on the side street. There are only 3 rooms, and the innkeeper Denise is very accomodating. For graduation last weekend, we requested and received: 1) early check-in, 2) late check-out, and 3) an extra breakfast (for our graduate) ... all for no extra charge! There are freshly baked cookies in the living room, and sodas in the room mini-frig. The room was very nicely appointed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

It was too bad that my boyfriend and I only had 1 night to spend at Applewood. We stayed in the Twin Elms room, which was lovely, comfortable and romantic. The history of the house made the trip extra special, as I was visiting Colonial Williamsburg for the first time. Denise left fresh flowers throughout the room for us, which was spotless and perfectly restored with up to date conveniences (a very nice shower and vanity, flatscreen TV and a mini refrigerator tastefully tucked away). Denise is a fabulous inn keeper and host and prepared a delicious breakfast for us, accomodating my vegetarian diet. She also left out fresh baked goods and fruit in the living room for an evening or afternoon snack. I would absolutely recommend Applewood to other travelers in the area. We hope to be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Applewood. We walked to the Colonial area and to restaurants. The house is beautiful, with lots of period detail. We stayed in the Blue Room, which is smallish but cute and very comfortable. I was impressed with how the space was managed so that there is even a small refrigerator and coffee pot tucked away in the closet. Denise is very nice and fun to talk to, and she clearly puts her heart into cooking for the guests. There were amazing cookies set out in the evening and the breakfasts were probably the best I've ever had at a B and B.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

My husband took me to the Applewood for a surprise evening away. The Inn was filled with history and perfectly located on the edge of the William and Mary Campus and walking distance to the Marketplace and Colonial Williamsburg. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a night away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a two-night stay at Applewood Colonial and we have such a wonderful time! The bed and breakfast is beautiful and in a great location- we walked to almost everything we wanted to see, including Colonial Williamsburg, the William and Mary campus, and several restaurants and shops. We booked the Treetop Suite, which was just perfect-- the room was so pretty, with very nice linens and towels and we had more than enough space- we just wished it was cold enough to use the beautiful fireplace in the room! There were also treats (brownies and cookies) in the parlor each evening, which we loved coming back to.

And then there was the delicious breakfast every morning- the Baked Oatmeal is now officially my favorite breakfast food! We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our stay and loved chatting with Denise and Monty, the very hospitable owners. We can't way for our next stay there!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

My husband and I spent a night at this beautiful B&B and had a wonderful time. The location was convenient to everything we wanted to see in Williamsburg, especially Colonial Williamsburg. The atmosphere was charming. The food was EXCELLENT!!! What really won us over, though was the genuine hospitality of the host who was flexible, accommodating and very friendly. We talked for a good long while with her and look forward to visiting with her again. We will definitely go back and have recommended it to all of our friends.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Applewood Colonial Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!