“Clean, friendly, and right price” 3 of 5 stars

Bassett Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   800 York Street, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #54 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Mich
“Clean, friendly, and right price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Basset Motel was nothing fancy , fairly thin wall, but was the least expensive around. We stayed there 3 nights extending night after night. Not a high end place, no coffee or bkfst, but a 5 min walk or drive to all. It's and older one story, park in front but the room was clean in all aspects with comfortable beds. Could hear the neighbors occasionally but overall we were satisfied. If it's economy you want, here it is. There were some name brand hotels around for about $30 more, but $30 is $30. Better in my pocket.

Room Tip: A train goes by at around 11pm, so you may want to ask for a further away room, we like the sound o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Good value. All we wanted was clean room and hot shower and that's what we got. If you want bells and whistles don't go here. It was easy to find and handy to the sites to be seen at Williamsburg . Another good point is out front of your room parking which is free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you just need a clean and comfortable place to sleep near the Williamsburg attractions, and you want a very economical price, the Bassett Motel is the place for you. The place looks very simple, but the rooms are just fine. They have refrigerators and microwaves. If you are looking for amenities like a swimming pool or a free breakfast, then the Bassett is NOT for you. But the Bassett is a short and easy drive to historic Williamsburg or to Busch Gardens theme park. The management is very efficient. I should tell you that there is a train track across the street from the Bassett, in case train noise bothers you. I personally like the sound of trains going by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
midway park nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

For the price I could not be more satisfied. Very nice people, from the owner, clerk,and maid.Right down the road from great places to eat like Sammy's and of course Busch Gardens.You pay for what you get,and for the price I will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Amherst, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Bassett several times and each time I have been treated so kindly by the staff...first of all let me tell you a little about the motel...when you first drive up, it appears to be an older motel and you might not be impressed at first sight...but hold on a minute...CHECK OUT THE ROOMS...wow!! Spacious and clean as can be! Good TV and excellent WI-FI, and a price than CANNOT be beat..really, give it a try..you will be surprised!! I even got a phone call from the motel the evening after I checked out asking me if I was pleased with the three rooms I rented...who does that? I must say that I am impressed and WILL continue to stay at the Bassett whenever I am going to Busch Gardens!

Room Tip: I have stayed at the rooms around back...nice and quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Jarrow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Williamsburg and Jamestown it was okay for what we paid, but could do with been refurbished as is quite old . In last review owners replied by saying you were showing your room before you checked in , well we were not !!!! were just giving the key, next time we will ask to see the room

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

I've gotten great recommendations from trip advisor and thought this experience would be just as lovely as my past experiences. Boy, was I wrong. The room we got had bugs in the perimeter of the walls, our bath towels had hair in it (probably re used and unwashed), half way through my boyfriends shower their was no hot water, on top of that, the trains were going all night. Not a pleasant experience. Would not recommend.

• Stayed October 2011
Mike4ever, Owner at Bassett Motel, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
The above customer has problem(internal)with his partner since they check in. We always show the room before check in and make sure everything is alright. When customer live the entry door open, definitely flying insects comes in the room and dies near window. We encourage all customer to live the door close. We have plenty of hot water, we never have compliant before.( I have checked) We ordered fresh linen supplies from Virginia linen Co(one of the best co. in Virginia) never have complaint with this supplier and we also replace the towels and linens every time when customer checked out! And about the train, we don't have control over it! My property is not on road, but all rooms are behind the office building and not that much noise like other businesses has! My property is old but well maintained you can see with all other reviews! .

Been to Bassett Motel? Share your experiences!