“Still Needs Work but the Staff was Great.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #54 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Still Needs Work but the Staff was Great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We took a quick trip to the theme and water parks recently and so decided to give this place a try based on most reviews and the price. Let me say the staff were friendly and the lobby which I assume was the first thing renovated was beautiful and rather large. But from there they need more work which I also assume is being done. There was no air-conditioning in the hallways which no big deal only short distance to the rooms anyway. The room air wasn't much better as it seemed to have a mind of its own as to blowing or not, and the temperature. Found the trick the last night don't turn it down too low and it will cut on and off more frequently...better than not cutting on at all. The bathroom was nice size and clean, but the plumbing also had a mind of its own. All of our reserved rooms had a stopped up toilet most of the two nights there. Walk away and a few minutes later you would hear the toilet 'drain' itself and all was good until the next use. Upon check out I overheard a maintenance person discussing a number of rooms that had also called with the same problem. Something tells me they have a main line issue. I will say the beds were very comfortable and after a day at the theme park I was oh so happy to have that comfort! The indoor pool is being renovated and the owners did think of their customers in providing three above ground pools for use during their stay. We only used the smaller one, 'kiddy pool' since the shaded area provided for too cool of water for this grandma to get in. The little one enjoyed it since she had it all to herself. The breakfast staff were so very nice and helpful but the breakfast really left a lot to be desired and so we just settled for a bagel and cereal after the first day. Because of the staff I would probably think about staying here again, after I ask if the plumbing is fixed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Harry R, General Manager at Ramada Williamsburg East Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Please accept my apologies for alot of the issues you experienced. We are still in the process of making alot of changes. We would love to have you back for a return visit so you can enjoy alot of the changes we have in place. Thanks.

Harry Rogers

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Franklin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been to the area before, this hotel had been closed for a while. A new company came in an opened up and I figured the price was right so I would give them a try. They are still working on opening everything up, but the staff was so nice. The lobby was lovely and the room was a good size. All the rooms (I was told) had mini-fridges and microwaves. This helps when you are traveling with kids, and you need to have stuff on hand. They still have things to open, a few kinks to work out but I look forward to going back. This will be my go to hotel when I visit the area. Close to attractions, quiet area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

My family and I were incredibly impressed by the top notch customer service we received on our recent July 4th stay. Mr. Peter Margan, Mr Harry Rodger and Mr. Maurice Greenhow were phenomenal and helpful. In addition to giving our party a great room, they hauled in an extra rollaway for our daughter AND helped us figure out what was wrong with our car. They were amazing and much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014
Thanks for leaving such a wonderful review and we are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. we look forward to having you back to stay with us in the future and glad to hear that the staff went above and beyond to make your stay magnificent. Thanks and look forward to seeing you again.

Harry Rogers
Orem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Nice hotel. Just re-opened after a remodel of the former George Washington Inn. The staff was kind and helpful. I was especially impressed with Thatius, kitchen manager, who was obviously committed to our comfort. What a nice guy. Indoor pool is closed for re-model, but they have a few nice outdoor pools set up that are big enough for everyone to play in. Actually bigger than most regular hotel pools I've seen.

Room Tip: They have guest laundry on 1st and 2nd floor.