“Dont waste your time or money” 1 of 5 stars

25% Off 2-Night Stays
Ranked #55 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
New York City, New York
1 helpful vote
“Dont waste your time or money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014
Pending review

Our stay was quick and we would never return. No AC throughout the halls upon entering the building, but our room had AC. Elevator banks were out of service and multiple vending machines not working. Sleeper sofa was dirty and old, the arms had no padding that when my son hit his head on it, he hit it on wood. Safe LOCKED our stuff in so well, needed maintenance to unlock it because it wouldn't open. The trolley to bring our luggage had 2 working tires, one flat and one broken, making it difficult to transport our things. The toilet clogged which WE had to unclog and barely flushed after that. Tried to wash our clothes but instead it poured water out the back of the machine covering the floor in inches of water. Maintenance never came to fix, water was still there the next morning when I went to check out. The grounds were disgusting, part of it was landscaped, other half not, dead bird in parking lot. NO LIGHTS in parking lot, making it very creepy at night. Upon checkout I met the owner who was "surprised at my complaints, thought they were all very original". Told him to take a walk and look at the place, and that he wasn't ready to have guests in his facility. For a Ramada they should be ashamed they opened this hotel and to serve people. The two staff members I dealt with were very nice. They too weren't surprised and were embarrassed with all the things that went wrong. Oh and they charged me for the four nights I didn't stay, which they corrected once I went back and made them aware. There are many other lovely places to stay rather than this place, (which we quickly found), maybe once they iron out the issues it will be lovely, but until then the doors should remain closed.

Room Tip: Find another place to go to.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Franklin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been to the area before, this hotel had been closed for a while. A new company came in an opened up and I figured the price was right so I would give them a try. They are still working on opening everything up, but the staff was so nice. The lobby was lovely and the room was a good size. All the rooms (I was told) had mini-fridges and microwaves. This helps when you are traveling with kids, and you need to have stuff on hand. They still have things to open, a few kinks to work out but I look forward to going back. This will be my go to hotel when I visit the area. Close to attractions, quiet area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My family and I were incredibly impressed by the top notch customer service we received on our recent July 4th stay. Mr. Peter Margan, Mr Harry Rodger and Mr. Maurice Greenhow were phenomenal and helpful. In addition to giving our party a great room, they hauled in an extra rollaway for our daughter AND helped us figure out what was wrong with our car. They were amazing and much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014
Harry R, General Manager at Ramada Williamsburg East Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thanks for leaving such a wonderful review and we are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. we look forward to having you back to stay with us in the future and glad to hear that the staff went above and beyond to make your stay magnificent. Thanks and look forward to seeing you again.

Harry Rogers
Orem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Nice hotel. Just re-opened after a remodel of the former George Washington Inn. The staff was kind and helpful. I was especially impressed with Thatius, kitchen manager, who was obviously committed to our comfort. What a nice guy. Indoor pool is closed for re-model, but they have a few nice outdoor pools set up that are big enough for everyone to play in. Actually bigger than most regular hotel pools I've seen.

Room Tip: They have guest laundry on 1st and 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business