“Hidden "gem" in Willaimsburg” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Hidden "gem" in Willaimsburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I visited Emerald Thai with seven others on a Saturday evening, and it was fantastic! We got right in and were seated immediately. The decor was lovely, not overly showy, but very tasteful. There were plenty of tables and a nice, small bar area. We ordered drinks from their interesting drink list - all fun and interesting. Our meals were delicious and the price was very reasonable, ranging from $10.95 for curry dishes to $15.95 for chef's specials. I had the green curry and it was outstanding. The spiciness was just right and the flavor was excellent. My wife had the Massaman curry, and it, too, was wonderful. Everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed the meal. There were no negative comments at all. Spring rolls were good, and other dishes were delightful. I highly recommend Emerald Thai, and look forward to returning there in the near future.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Average Thai Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I love Thai food and go here more for lunch than dinner as can be a bit pricey at dinner and food choices just do not seem as tasty when made in bigger batches. Service is very spotty, as some waitresses not very well versed in English.

Visited June 2012
Chestertown, Maryland
“Great Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The food was great and so was the service. The interior is fun. Open late and with plenty of customers even then. Would definitely go again.

Visited January 2013
Williamsburg
“Excellent Thai gem in Williamsburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Heard there was a new restaurant, so went to check out Emerald. Surprised to find it was Thai (was thinking Irish, as in Emerald Isle), but it was a nice surprise.
We were immediately greeted warmly by Daniel, who was also our server.
The Jasmine tea was nice with dinner, you get two cups of steeping tea and a pot as well.
Tried the Satay, which had two sauces, a spicy peanut and a vegetable lime.
We had side salads with spicy peanut dressing, and my lips were slightly tingling by the end of it. Tasty, but spicy. If you don't like spicy, get the other dressing.
My dining companion tried the Drunken Noodle, which was determined to be, "The best I've ever had anywhere".
I tried the Red Curry with Pumpkin and rice, and was surprised to find it served in the gourd. It was spicy, with lots of floating chunks of pumpkin. Delicious and I couldn't finish it all. I asked if I could get the "Gourd-to-Go" (joking). They were game to try, but I relented and said no just the gourd contents would be fine.
Had to get the Sticky Rice with Mango to go, as it just looked too good to pass up.
The decor was nice, with a saltwater tank and high ceilings. The bathrooms were clean, with a single large bathroom for each gender. Daniel was attentive, and the chef willing to adjust dishes to taste. This was an excellent find and we'll definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very nice Thai food if you like it real hot ask for Thai Spicy! I love getting the Masaman Curry and the Chicken Satay for an App is awesome as well!

Visited December 2012