“Heck of a deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Boulder, Colorado
“Heck of a deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I booked my room online for about half the price of other rooms in the area. The room was clean and the wifi worked well. In my brief interaction with the owner he seemed sincerely interested in my comfort.
As others have mentioned, I could hear conversations in the rooms around me and the room did have a mildewy odor.
Overall, I can recommend this place for a budget stay in an expensive area. It's also located a few blocks from the Colonial Williamsburg visitors center.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mebane, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Clean, front desk guy very nice, would return, if I had to complain about anything it would be a stain on the wall in the bathroom by the shower that wasn't appealing. We went to Busch Gardens for the day and was so glad to have stayed at a nice place and affordable too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

When I made reservations at a place called Budget Inn for $35 a night, I wasn't expecting the Waldorf Astoria. Upon checking in, it was pretty much how I thought it would be. It's an older roadside motel type place. Very worn in and a bit musty however the staff apparently keeps it clean.

Very convenient to the attractions in the area and cheap. The wifi was extremely quick and the staff was friendly. Would I want an extended stay here? No. For an overnight place to crash after a long day at Busch Gardens it was good enough.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel was amazingly comfortable and clean for the price. The owners and staff were very friendly and very accommodating to all requests. This hotel far surpassed my expectations and was only minuets from colonial Williamsburg.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
christiansburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I choose this motel because it was affordable and had several good reviews, well I didn't feel the same. My daughter pulled in about 4:30 to check in, the room wasn't ready. They said give us five minutes. So when they gave us the keys we went in and the room smelled of a combo of bo and the spray they had used to try to cover it up. I went to the office and the cleaning girl was in the office as well and said she had tried to cover up the smell by spraying......needless to say it didn't! We were given another room (non-smoking) and before I could get in the door the smell of smoke knocked me down. Needless to say we requested a refund (which I am still waiting on from hotels.com 2 weeks later), and found another place which served breakfast. I spent the same on a much nicer room with breakfast and the cost was probably the same since the breakfast was included!

Room Tip: Do not book at this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there from July 4-7, we liked that the room was clean, although a little cramped. Bathroom was clean too. The location was good, but we didn't like it being so close to the road. Felt a little unsafe. And then there was the pool. My son asked me to take a dip, and as soon as we got in, we wanted to come out quickly. It was so dirty! All kids of insects were floating there, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days. We never came back. Overall, it's an okay place to stay as long as you don't go to the pool.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Millstone Township, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Needed a place to stay for a nite without spending too much. Yes, the room was small, but very neat, clean and for the money, more than expected. Pancake house next door was good too! This place was a good find and I will stay there again when I come back to Williamsburg.
If your not looking for fancy, but want a decent place to stay for the nite this place will suite your need, even has wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Budget Inn Williamsburg? Share your experiences!