“Hey I liked it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Mebane, North Carolina
“Hey I liked it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Clean, front desk guy very nice, would return, if I had to complain about anything it would be a stain on the wall in the bathroom by the shower that wasn't appealing. We went to Busch Gardens for the day and was so glad to have stayed at a nice place and affordable too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Victoriangel76

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

When I made reservations at a place called Budget Inn for $35 a night, I wasn't expecting the Waldorf Astoria. Upon checking in, it was pretty much how I thought it would be. It's an older roadside motel type place. Very worn in and a bit musty however the staff apparently keeps it clean.

Very convenient to the attractions in the area and cheap. The wifi was extremely quick and the staff was friendly. Would I want an extended stay here? No. For an overnight place to crash after a long day at Busch Gardens it was good enough.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mccutheon
Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel was amazingly comfortable and clean for the price. The owners and staff were very friendly and very accommodating to all requests. This hotel far surpassed my expectations and was only minuets from colonial Williamsburg.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank David H
christiansburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I choose this motel because it was affordable and had several good reviews, well I didn't feel the same. My daughter pulled in about 4:30 to check in, the room wasn't ready. They said give us five minutes. So when they gave us the keys we went in and the room smelled of a combo of bo and the spray they had used to try to cover it up. I went to the office and the cleaning girl was in the office as well and said she had tried to cover up the smell by spraying......needless to say it didn't! We were given another room (non-smoking) and before I could get in the door the smell of smoke knocked me down. Needless to say we requested a refund (which I am still waiting on from hotels.com 2 weeks later), and found another place which served breakfast. I spent the same on a much nicer room with breakfast and the cost was probably the same since the breakfast was included!

Room Tip: Do not book at this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank linkousclan

Travelers are raving about these Williamsburg hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there from July 4-7, we liked that the room was clean, although a little cramped. Bathroom was clean too. The location was good, but we didn't like it being so close to the road. Felt a little unsafe. And then there was the pool. My son asked me to take a dip, and as soon as we got in, we wanted to come out quickly. It was so dirty! All kids of insects were floating there, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days. We never came back. Overall, it's an okay place to stay as long as you don't go to the pool.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Myra T
Millstone Township, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Needed a place to stay for a nite without spending too much. Yes, the room was small, but very neat, clean and for the money, more than expected. Pancake house next door was good too! This place was a good find and I will stay there again when I come back to Williamsburg.
If your not looking for fancy, but want a decent place to stay for the nite this place will suite your need, even has wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MrMikeBasspro
Elkton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After a 4 hour drive and being treated rudely at our first hotel, we stopped here. The owner could have been nicer, after bout 20 mins we went tour room her personally walked down extra towels for us so we would not have to ask later. He recommended to us a nice restaurant a few miles away. Upon check out, (we were down for a basketball game) he wished my daughter team good luck but the home team was not much of a challenge to them. We will definitely be come back to this motel.

Room Tip: If traveling with a Handicapped person always call and ask what kind of accessible rooms they have.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family