“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway
Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We travel a lot and typically stay at another chain hotel. We had not stayed at a Holiday Inn in quite some time, so we were very pleasantly surprised at how modern and updated this hotel was. We were greeted at the front desk by Jan, who was by far one of the best hotel staff members I have ever come across! Every hotel should have a Jan! We stayed in Queen double room that was super clean with very nice beds. The restaurant staff in the hotel did a wonderful job in seating us on a busy Sunday morning. The Chef came out and made sure our breakfast food was favorable to our liking. The facility and all the staff we encountered were top notch. The location was excellent. This is the place I'll come back to stay at and so should you if you want a clean, convenient, affordable place to stay in Williamsburg.

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor. Nice and quite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Eurobondgirl,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your comments. We hope that you and your family enjoyed your stay in Williamsburg. we value all guest feedback. We will pass these comments on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time We hope that you will consider us again during future visits to the area.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel a few weeks in advance and was told if I paid up front I would be guaranteed my room, so of course I paid up front. I arrive at the hotel and they upgraded my room to a king suite when I had asked for a double bed room, since I have two children. I was upset and explained that I had a 17 year old and a 7 year old. Reason I got two double beds. The front desk guy Kirk very nice about everything I had to basically take that room or have nothing. So we agree to take it. Since it was already 11:30pm when we arrived. We were offered to change rooms the next day but declined since we were going to be at Busch Gardens all day and did not want to have to deal with that whole mess again. So after all that I am on the road headed home to find that the hotel charged me an additional $41.07 for our stay, for a room that we did not want nor did we ask for. I was offered a deal from Holiday Inn when I booked room and I am happy I turned them down. I will never do business with Holiday Inn again, and I will defiantly tell everyone I know not to trust the company.

• Stayed August 2013
GM515, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear JMVass,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Our team would like to apologize for making your stay anything short of excellent. We anticipated the King Suite would be something you enjoyed but unfortunately struck out. We did make a billing error, and I apologize for that. We have refunded your card so please contact me if your bank statement is not reflecting so. I do feel better that we have spoken on the phone and resolved all of your concerns! Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and providing much needed feedback to help us improve our operations. We will see you again in October, thank you for giving us a second chance!

Yours in hospitality,

Geoff Scheibel
Miller Place, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Thought we had reserved a room through the Holiday Inn website. But, discovered that they had booked us at the Bloomburg, Pa hotel! The staff of the Williamsburg Holiday Inn went above and beyond with their service and accommodation. They got us into a lovely, clean room for a very reasonable rate. Did not get the women's name, but we checked in at approximately 4:45 pm on August 11th. If we visit Williamsburg again, this will definitely stay here, again!

• Stayed August 2013
Savannah, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very nice hotel which has recently been redecorated. Excellent small suites with a door separating the bedroom from the sitting room/office. Good computer service. Clean and large bathroom. Nice refrigerator/microwave area. Excellent beds and great pillows (choice or hard or soft). Good location near to Williamsburg, Yorktown, and not far from Jamestown. Good restaurant, although no free continental breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for a small suite
Pgh, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the property at the end of July. My son is in the Air Force and we had to make an unexpected trip to Virginia. I called the day we needed the reservation and spike to Jan. Her customer service skills were some of the best I have ever encountered! She is truly then biggest asset to this property.
The hotel was nice enough. Biggest disappointment is that they do not have a complimentary breakfast. Most hotels these days have some breakfast be it bagels and fruit to a large cook to order breakfast. We did not use the pool or fitness facilities.
We are returning to Virginia next week and staying at this hotel again. The only reason I booked here was because of the great service from Jan. We have a larger family and not having the breakfast really adds up for our family. Would prefer a hotel with breakfast included.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear smyersj,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you short notice trip. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Holiday Inn staff were friendly and welcoming even with our late arrival. The hotel public spaces were clean and modern. My family (wife and two teenagers) stayed in a two bedroom suite. The room was comfortable and clean. The queen beds had good mattresses and pillows.The room was easy to keep dark for sleeping even though it had an east facing window. The bathroom was a good size for this level of hotel and the towels were plush. Some of the furnishings were a little beat up but not badly and could have just happened the day before we arrived. The only truly negative thing is that the in room coffee was awful but they have free coffee in the lobby that is good.

Dear Bamabert,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate it. We Thank you for your thoughts about the coffee. We are sorry if your were inconvenienced at all. Thank you for your time. We hope that you and your family enjoyed your stay in the area. Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you and you family again in the future.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Williamsburg
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I chose this hotel for my family's first trip to Williamsburg based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor. It's true, the service was great, and it was very clean. We just found the room a little cramped, even though it was a suite. With children, a spacious hotel room is a big plus, and here the bedroom (two beds) was tight. The decor is also a bit cold, and shower pressure (on the fourth floor at least) was low. But the service is warm and attentive, housekeeping is very good, and the hotel is convenient to restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and all was quiet. Low shower pressure though.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Maryann,

Thank you for your feedback. We enjoyed hearing comments about you and your family's visit. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass this on to our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the changes.We hope that you will choose us in the future.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway? Share your experiences!