Stayed here one night while visiting William and Mary with my daughter
It was quiet, and for $130 night before taxes from what I see about Williamsburg, that is a great price.
What I liked
1. It was very quick to Colonial Williamsburg and William and Mary by car--maybe 8-10 min.
2. Very quiet--because it's away from the colonial area it is very quiet
3. desk clerk was very pleasant at check in
4. bed was fine, tv worked, etc
5. breakfast was not included in price, but we ate there. They really have a crazy problem. The portions are beyond belief. Just order one breakfast and share it. Everyone had to take take out boxes as was way too much. It's like the chef went nuts because I mean really, really huge portions. Also the breakfast is only open certain hours so many people were turned away who came after us. Check this out so you won't be disappointed if you are looking for breakfast. I'm not sure what the restaurant hours are, but do check if you need a restaurant onsite.
We were FINE because we got our breakfast and went on our way to the college.
What I didn't like:
1. Housekeeping was fine in terms of the bathroom and bed linens, but there was a bit of dust. The lamp by the bed had quite a bit of dust on it. I was tempted to dust it myself, but we got in late and I just wanted to sleep. There was dust on the dresser and tv too.
I'd hate to see one housekeeper who needs guidance ruin this review, because I truly would stay there again because it is quiet and cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Williamsburg Vacation Begins Here! Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.Welcome to the Holiday Inn & Suites Gateway a new full service hotel. You ll find comfort and modern luxury at the most convenient location in Williamsburg. Contemporary hospitality and Williamsburg excitement are waiting for you. Your Personal SpaceRelax in your elegant room featuring stylish dÃ©cor and amenities, including a microwave, refrigerator, wired and wireless high-speed Internet access, dry bar, executive desk, HDTV, and the best night s sleep you ve had in weeks. Our new hotel offers a great combination of rooms and suites featuring our unique one and two bedroom suites. We have a heated indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness center all for your enjoyment. Bistro 515, our on-site restaurant, offers the best in casual dining. Ideal Williamsburg Location Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Gateway is located off Interstate-64 exit 238 only minutes from Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Prime Outlets, Jamestown and Yorktown. We are also conveniently located for the following: the College of William & Mary, Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, and Delta-T. This is a 100% smoke free hotel - all guestrooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway
- Holiday Inn Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Holiday Inn