“Staff EXTREMELY friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway
Ranked #2 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Staff EXTREMELY friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were looking for a place for our family of 4 to stay while we toured Williamsburg. Everyone we interacted with was extremely friendly; this is something I feel is becoming more and more rare in the travel industry. The front desk staff always greeted us. The folks who worked at the restaurant were very accommodating and really reached out to our children, ages 4 and 6, asking their names and treating them like little people instead of children. The staff never let you just wander around looking for something; they stopped to ask if you needed help or assistance. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a nice indoor pool. The kids eat free at the restaurant! We had a fantastic experience and would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear AClvester,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Howell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

It has been quite a few years since we have stayed at Holiday Inns, however, it is very obvious that the corporation is working very hard to compete with similiar chains that offer an affordable stay without short changing the customer with ammenites (free wireless and breakfast). Kudos to you, Holiday Inn. We are just finishing up our three day stay in Williamsburg at the Holiday Inn Gateway. What sets this particular hotel apart is the STAFF! Everyone helps you to feel welcome right off the get-go, with Jan at the font desk greating you with her effervescent personality and love and knowledge for the city...add to that Sean, the chef, who will go leaps and bounds to extend himself to you and his services. The kitchen servers, Mary and Anne, who step over themselves to ''get it right''..and Geof, the manager, the consummate professional. To top it off, you have a fabulous bar staff.... including, Berk, who is doing his internship from Turkey...great guy who has quite a career ahead of him! Our three day stay at the Holday Inn Gateway left us renewed, refreshed and loving the city of Williamsburg. Rest assured, we will be back for a future visit to this beautiful city and certainly another stay at Williamsburg's best kept secret....The Holiday Inn Gateway!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Williamsburg. Thank you for mentioning all of our great staff. We will make sure that we pass this feedback on to them. They always enjoy hearing about their service. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Jackson, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I work for a travel business and travel Monday to Friday every week. Two nights from Monday to Wednesday and two other nights from Wednesday to Friday. My booking agency called me and told me I was booked at the Holiday Inn. I used to like Holiday Inns but now they're not as nice any more, and the new logo is terrible. When I got there I checked in and went up to my room. The room was clean and nice smelling. The only thing was that there was a wasp flying around in the bathroom, and I absolutely HATE wasps. I called the front desk and told them about it. The staff told me to stay out of my room for a little while until they could catch the darn thing. It didn't take them long to kill it. But still that didn't stop me. I went to work the next day, which was taking place in the hotel's meeting room. They discussed about how there are possible ways to fix the economy. The meeting room was very nice and smelled very clean. There were doughnuts, bagels, and coffee that the hotel set up for us, so I got myself a doughnut and a cup of coffee. The meeting lasted 2 hours, but it went well. When it was done, I went to the bistro. I ordered a glass of California Wine and some steak. The wine was persistently right and the steak was VERY good. I decided I was a bit bored, and went to the pool and swam for an hour. I went back up to my room and took a shower and relaxed for a bit. I was very satisfied.

I was sure breakfast was going to be as delicious as dinner. I got the breakfast buffet since I had 30 minutes to eat. I got myself a cinnamon bun and a bagel with cream cheese. The only thing was that the bagel was a tiny bit stale, which I thought was strange.

The last day I checked out, I told them I had a very good stay. But they should probably check the freshness of the bagels. Overall, this is a very good hotel. Good for both leisure and business.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no bugs flying around and avoid the bagels.
Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Aaron B,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review of your stay. We really value all of our business travelers. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass your feedback on to our staff. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

;Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway
Galesburg, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have to start out by saying that when I needed help with a flat tire, the hotel staff kicked into action and helped me. Shawn and two other men were reassurring and got me on the road again. I couldnt thank them enough. Thank you!
The rooms are big and clean. My girls loved the pool. We had room service for breakfast and it was delicious. We were close to other restaurants and stores. The visitors center for williamsburg is close by and easy to find. Just a short drive to Yorktown.

Room Tip: The suites were great for our family of five!
Dear Susan E,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback. We are so glad that we could help you with you flat tire. We value all of our guests. We do what we can to make their visit great!.. We hope you and your family enjoyed your time in Williamsburg. Thank your for staying with us. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is very nice and even more conveniently located to historic Williamsburg. Rooms are specious and nicely appointed. While the gym was very small with very few items of equipment, we had no real complaints and would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear CSR-NJ,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during your time in Williamsburg. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the gym. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We value all guest feedback because it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were just there this past Saturday for a one night stay. I had mentioned in my reservation that it was my boyfriend's birthday, so anything special they could do would be much appreciated. When we arrived to check in both the people at the front desk wished him a happy birthday and the woman, who I am assuming was the manager, offered to sing to him. Both of the employees at the front desk were so, so nice to us.

We went up to our room and on the desk was a bunch of balloons, a little chocolate cake, and a handwritten note wishing my boyfriend a happy birthday. We were so impressed, how thoughtful of them!

Other than that pretty awesome experience our stay was great! Our suite was beautiful and very clean. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever laid in. The hotel has a great location, very close to Colonial Williamsburg and Merchant Square. All the staff that we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful.

We will definitely be staying here if we stay overnight in Williamsburg again!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Singamelody87,

Thank you for telling us about your experience at our hotel. We value your feedback. We hope your boyfriend enjoyed his birthday in Williamsburg. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during this special time. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I normally wouldn't book a room at a Holiday Inn for a family vacation. I usually try to book something with a little more flavor of the area. However, this is the second time that we have stayed here while visiting Williamsburg and it will not be the last. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and quite well kept. The road noise is minimal and the location cannot be beat. My one warning would be to skip the breakfast offering in the lobby "bistro." Both my husband and my son were quite ill after getting a hold of some questionable scrambled eggs!

Dear Missmouse98,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We will pass your feedback on to the restaurant about your experience there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway? Share your experiences!