“Clean, new property in the center of it all!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   515 Bypass Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
New York
“Clean, new property in the center of it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was happy to return to this exceptional place to stay in Williamsburg for the second time! You won't be dissapointed with the quality of this sparking clean hotel. Easy access in the center of the action between The Historic Area and Busch Gardens. This property is "thee place" to stay for either attraction. The lobby is a welcoming sight for any weary traveler or otherwise, complete with a soothing waterfall, and the guest room is exceptionally clean and well-appointed. A notable electronic Do Not Disturb and Make-up Room device is at the entrrance to every room. No lost "Do Not Disturb" signs will result with this technology. This one of the few hotels in a three star class that has this system, and speaks for the detail oriented construction of the property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear FLBUG,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are so glad that you stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

On the spur of the moment my husband and I decided to make the short trip to Williamsburg to spend a night away from home. Our only criteria was that we wanted to stay close to colonial williamsburg. Normally we are pretty picky about our hotels and we have been known to drop several hundred dollars a night so that we can enjoy a superior hotel experience. We were actually surprised there werent more choices for a 5 start hotel near downtown Williamsburg so we chose the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites primarily due to the high Tripadvisor rating, the very positive reviews and the guest pictures. We were both so glad we did! The hotel is very clean and spacious - our room on the 5th floor was huge and the bathroom was large and very clean. A ton of storage space for our bags and clothes. The TV was big and new - husband very happy as he was able to catch up on a little football. The staff was very friendly and professional from all aspects of our experience ... checking in with David, grabbing a beer from Josh on the way up to the room and checking out. Although we didnt eat at the hotel, we liked knowing the restaurant and bar were available in case we needed anything. The only negative feedback I would give is pillow selections were not great but we brought our own from home so didnt notice too much.

We had drinks at Williamsburg Lodge that night and realized we probably could have stayed there for a more traditional hotel experience but we both agreed you cant beat the value and the experience at the Holiday Inn. In fact we are probably going to be able to come back to Williamsburg more often knowing there is such a great and affordable option. We look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

From managers to general staff, this hotel was outstanding. Bartender Josh's excellent service made the dining experience very enjoyable at the end of a long business day. The overall service provided by the hotel staff makes this a hotel I would recommend to family and friends and one that I plan to return to when in the area in the future. Thank you to all Jane, Lori, Josh, Kirk especially for great, friendly service.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club and get a free room upgrade if room is available!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Linda W,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for mentioning all of our great team members . We will make sure we pass this review on to them. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for sharing this with our Trip Advisor Community. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and have not been to Williamsburg for Christmas in many years. We selected the Holiday Inn and Suites because it was close by the Historical area only about a 5 minute drive.
When I called to make the reservation I was delighted to be upgraded to a suite, for a LOW price. The person taking the call was friendly and helpful. (I later found out this was Jan)
Check-in was smooth as silk.
The next day we met the manager on duty, Jan Herrington. She WONDERFUL!! Fantastic sense of humor, and helpful about things to see and do. I would have liked to have visted more with her but she was too busy. You have a great manager!!
Our room was beautiful and quiet. We will be back when the gardens are in bloom!!

Room Tip: Go for the suite! It is huge!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear LongsPeak2121,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for mentioning our mananger Jan. She will really appreciate hearing such great comments about her service. Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad that we could upgrade you to one of our beautiful suites. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Carol Stream, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Everyone was helpful and friendly. Josh, the bartender, made sure my service in the restaurant and bar were exceptional (five star treatment). Room and property was above average. Quiet and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear chuck e,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for mentioning our employee Josh. We will make sure we pass these comments on to him. We hope you enjoyed your time in Williamsburg. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Bedford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is our go to hotel for the area. The pool is always great for the kids after a full day of walking around. We stayed in a double room this time which was neat and clean as usual. The staff was friendly and helpful. We try to get a suite when we stay but they were all full this visit. The beds are very soft however, but no one else in the family seems to notice.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room facing the front have no view at all unless you're interested in vents and roofin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Robin Y,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are so glad that we could accommodate you, and your family. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass all of your comments on to the staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My visit to this hotel was a complete surprise as I made the reservation at the VERY last minute (from a rest stop 30 min away). The person I spoke with, Jan, could not have been nicer. She made my reservations and I arrived without a hitch. The next morning I realized that I forgot my key to turn my oxygen tank on and the front desk manager called his engineer, Norm, (I needed a cresent wrench). He was not on the property but when he heard that it was a guest requiring assistance with oxygen he came right over to the property. We had a pleasant chat and Norm even went to my room to retrieve my oxygen tubing and then carried two more tanks to my room for me for the night. He even left a note on my desk in the room saying for me to keep his wrench for the remainder of my trip (even though I was going home on Sunday). Such a wonderful man.

When I went to the restaurant on Sat. evening it was pretty busy but the chef and staff attended to my needs as if I were the only guest there. Chef even brought my food out to me to the table. The chef came out when I had left and I was standing at the front desk (going to introduce myself to Jan) and apologized for the wait. I told him I was fine and enjoyed the meal and also understood as my son is a sous chef.

The staff could not have been more attentive to my needs. They also attended to all the other guests just as they did me. I will definitely return to this hotel and I so enjoyed my visit.

Room Tip: Always enter the room with a smile, it will be returned
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Lynn s,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are so glad that we could accommodate your needs while you were at the hotel. We always try to do what we can to make you stay enjoyable. Thank you for your sharing your experience with us. We will pass these comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway? Share your experiences!