“Home Away From Home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District
Ranked #4 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
MD
“Home Away From Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is my third stay at this location and I continue to go back due to the overall positive experiences I have had. The location is minutes from the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor's Center and convenient to both shopping and sightseeing in the area. It is in a quiet location. Every staff member I encountered was extremely efficient, pleasant, and eager to help. I have fairly high standards, and with only a few minor exeptions, this hotel met them upon this visit.

The room I was in had nice furnishings, smelled fresh, had CLEAN comfortable bedding, a mini-fridge and a microwave. It had a nice flat-screen t.v., an ironing board with iron, and a small hair dryer built into the wall of the bathroom. I was on the first floor, not far from the meeting room. Originally hesitent, the due to the location, I found that it did not impact the overall noise level on the nights I stayed there. Additionally, I did not hear noise from the rooms on either side, nor above me. The bath/shower was clean and the shower head had adjustable settings. Towels were standard (though more plush towels would be a great benefit-as they would be at many hotels).

The pool was busy (with children enjoying) during the evening until fairly late, yet once I did get in, I found the water to be a fine temperature - not as warm as I remembered from the past, but it was comfortable to me, a regular swimmer. The pool is not very large, but fine for some fun - or even for attempting laps (as I did once the pool cleared out at 10:40 p.m.). The pool area itself was clean, not humid, and had an ample supply of towels. Right next door was a workout room with 4 machines (a bike, an eliptical, and 2 treadmills), along with weights.

Breakfast was standard of Hampton Inns. They redesigned since my last visit, affording what seems like more space. Though it was busy, the breakfast crew was efficient and courteous. There was yogurt (Yoplait I believe), apples, bananas, mixed fruit salad with summer fruits, eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, english muffins, muffins, donuts, bagels, Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Fruit Loops, packets of grits, oatmeal (premade, but a bit liquidy for my taste... wish they'd go back to packets), three types of juice, milk, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Plenty of condiments/spreads were available as well. There were also plenty of breakfast bags up at the front desk for those who did not want to take the time out to eat breakfast. The bags typically contain bottled water, a muffin, a Kellogs Pastry Bar, and an apple.

A service which I made use of was the laundry room. There are 2 washing machines and 3 dryers, each cycle costing 2.00. The front desk was happy to provide change for use in the machines. Additonally, they have a small area next to the front desk in the event you'd like to purchase snacks, microwavable meals, ice cream, drinks, or basic toiletries.

A couple of minor things that bring my rating down a bit were the fact that the bottom of the inner shade of the window had what looked like a small, dry saucy spot on it, one of the hand towels (which they arrange nicely) had a hair on it, and the elevator molding seemed to be coming off a bit at the bottom.

I stayed here for 2 days and felt very comfortable both with the staff and the other clientelle. Definitely consider this hotel when planning a trip to Williamsburg. I will GLADLY continue to return as long as they maintain the same high standards as I've grown to appreicate from the staff at this location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

661 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is awesome! Everything was top-notch. Clean, quiet, outstanding breakfast buffet, easy to find. You name it, it was great. We did not use the pool so I can't speak to that, but all else was wonderful. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2013
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

On our way to eat at the Kings Arm Inn in Colonial Willimsburg, VA we first stopped at the Hampton Inn. We were pleased to find the staff so helpful, especially after we had difficulty with the 1-800 phone reservation but the staff made it all good. They were a welcome treat after a long day on the road. the next day the were helpful in getting us on our way to see the Colonial National Historic Park. I love the free breakfast each morning. The serving staff were most accomodating.

Nags Head NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The staff was very friendly from reservation through check out. We called the hotel directly to make a reservation because we wanted connecting rooms. Although they could not guarantee the rooms would adjoin, they were able to do it for us and that made the stay even better. The hotel is clean and comfortable, conveniently located (we were taking a family trip to Busch Gardens), and priced well. But the most outstanding thing about this hotel is the staff - friendly, smiling and helpful.

cottageville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

everything about our visit was excellent, I had no complaints at all. Staff was very friendly and helpful, location was great and rooms was exceptional. The price value was great. I have stayed at other hotels and this one was far the best in a long time. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again when back in the area

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We like the Hampton Inn and Suites as it includes breakfast . Our room at the Hamtpon Inn and Suites Williamsburg Historic District was very lovely- we had a king sized bed /studio which had a mini refrig/sink area. Free wi-fi is also a plus for me. The price was under $150 for the night and only about a mile from the historic WIlliamsburg area. Coffee/tea in the lobby all day is also a nice extra. There was an indoor pool and excercise room,too. I'd recommend a stay if you are visiting Williamsburg!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Greensboro, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Hampton Inns in general are great places to stay and this was no exception. The only problem I had was when we ordered out one night due to a MONSOON outside...I didn't like the Delivery Person just showing up at the door to our room. I feel safer with a call from the front dest and going to the lobby to pick up the order.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District? Share your experiences!