“Good hotel, Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Capitol Landing Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Earn 2x Points
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Dallas, Texas
“Good hotel, Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

There are two Hampton Inns, within about a mile of each other, and both very close to Historic Williamsburg. This one is a little cheaper and a little older, but a fairly standard Hampton Inn with a nice clean room and the usual nice breakfast. It was quite suitable a base for exploring the Historic Triangle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights this year and also last year as we toured the Williamsburg area. The staff was great! When we arrived, I had been driving for hours with an indicator light on in my car. The staff directed me to an AutoZone, where they were able to determine, on a Sunday evening, that it was a minor issue. I was able to have it repaired the next day, and the hotel helped me make taxi arrangements to Colonial Williamsburg, only a mile or so away.

The room was spacious and clean with the usual amenities, including a safe in the room. We had a problem with one of our lights. The staff offered to switch our room or have it repaired the next day. We choose the latter, and it was fixed by the time we returned to our room the next day.

There were lots of choices at breakfast, both hot and cold, including scrambled eggs and either sausage, bacon, or biscuits with gravy. My daughter had seconds every day! And there was coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available 24/7 in the lobby.

We were pleased with this hotel last year, returned this year and were equally pleased. The hotel had everything that we needed, and the price, about $100, was reasonable. It is very convenient to Colonail Williamsburg and the Colonial Parkway. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Williamsburgy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were extremely surprised at the quality, cleanliness, and condition of this Hampton Inn. We felt as if we were staying in an apartment rather than a hotel room. The staff, especailly the breakfast staff was superb. The young lady who was working during breakfast the day we left went way beyond what would be considered "helping us". I'm still finding myself amazed over a week later writing this review. I wish people from the north east had a fraction of her charater and work ethic.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We checked into this hotel and had hoped to upgrade our room so that our rooms were adjoining. The front desk staff was nice to work with while trying to change us around but unfortunately they could not accomodate this request as they were full. Instead, our rooms were 2 doors down from one another which worked out just fine. The rooms had 2 queen beds as opposed to full beds which was nice. They both had working refrigerators and I would consider them to be in good shape. There were no noticeable spots on the carpets or on bedding and the bathrooms were clean too. They were basic rooms - nothing that you would walk in and say "wow" to but for under $100 a night, it was just what I expected. In one of the rooms, the water pressure in the shower was definitely lacking. Not sure if this is common in all rooms. The hotel does not offer room service or any in room movies just fyi. They do have a pool and hot tub - both we used several times and were fine. They also do a free daily breakfast that was so-so. They had cereal and some breads (bagels, english muffins, donuts, etc). They also had make your own waffles and some eggs with a kielbasa type sausage. Both the eggs and sausage did not look that appealing so we did not try. The biggest complaint we had from our stay was the overwhelming smell of chlorine from the pool that was very noticeable in the lobby. When you mix that with the smell of breakfast each morning, it was not very pleasant. My daughter actually refused to go down for breakfast because it made her nauseaus. Please know that it did not bother either of the adults in our party to that extreme and I did not really let that aspect affect my rating because it didn't seem to bother other guests as it did us but it definitely was a distinct combination. . The location of this hotel was great as it was close to Richmond Road and attractions such as Busch Gardens and even Jamestown. You have your share of Waffle Houses close by if you choose as well as muttiple restaurants. We had a very pleasant stay here.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We'll stay here again when we visit Williamsburg. Couldn't be any cleaner. Couldn't hear other visitors or doors closing. Five minutes from center of Williamsburg. Might want to plan your meals. Complimentary bkfst. not the best, but muffins and bagels are good.

Vineyard Haven, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel experience was excellent except for the fact that check-in clerk could not figure out how to put in my Southwest Airlines number for point credit of my stay. I took two rooms both were good, clean, and quiet. My staff with whom I traveled were happy with the accomodations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel just outside the Historic District. We like this hotel and its location to the Historic District and local restaurants. The main focus of this review is to recognize the outstanding customer service of a very special young man, Jordan Calfee, who could well teach some other hotel staff the proper way to treat their customers. I made reservations some time back for a double-queen room, first floor near the lobby, and only on 1st or 2nd floor. We arrived in our room and began checking the room to make sure everything was in working order but, unfortunately, the fridge would not cool and the A/C would not cool the room enough, so I called Jordan who came down to our room within minutes and checked these two items. He said he would see what he could do to fix the problem and returned asking me if I would like to look at another room in which the A/C and fridge appeared to work fine. I followed Jordan down the hall to another room and to my surprise it was a double-queen suite -- how sweet!! It was so spacious and had a sitting room with an excellent A/C and working fridge. He had upgraded us to a much nicer room (Room 119) at no extra charge. There was also an incident where one of the hotel guests (a child) had an accident on the carpet. I notified Jordan and he personally cleaned up the mess within just a few minutes. Our trip to Williamsburg was an educational grip for our grandson and we all had a wonderful time. Our visit was enhanced by our nice accommodations at this Hampton Inn & Suites. I recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again should we return to Williamsburg. As a side note - and I will review some restaurants we dined at over a 3-day period, one of those being "Food For Thought Cafe" and found it to be a very nice place with personable waiters and waitresses, and of course wonderful food. Be sure to visit the home of Jefferson Davis, "Monticello," which is a short distance from Williamsburg in Charlottesville, VA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District? Share your experiences!