I stayed here for two days over Christmas. This hotel is labeled as "historic district." That is very accurate, but it was not where I expected. While it is only a 3 minute drive to the historic Williamsburg visitor's center, it otherwise was in the middle of nowhere. I had hoped it would be on the main road leading past William and Mary and going out of town toward the Williamsburg pottery factory (the road with all the hotels and restaurants). Rather, it is virtually all by itself, about a 5-7 minute drive from that road. Thus, for dinner, there were only two nearby restaurants; otherwise, one has to drive 5-10 minutes to find one.
The hotel itself is just like all Hampton Inns: large rooms, clean, excellent in all respects. The only fault is comprised of the scrambled eggs. They must be fake. Their curds are all uniform size and shape (imagine marbles). The taste is absolutely awful. The saving grace at breakfast (the first day) was the gravy (meant for the biscuits - and was tasty) that I could pour over them to mask the terrible taste. This is the second hotel in America (the other was not Hampton) where I've had these identical eggs. Unfortunately, the second morning there was no gravy to mask the taste. The good news is that the coffee and glazed donuts were excellent! There were very few people staying there, so by 9:00 a.m. there was still plenty of breakfast left.
I'd stay there again (but bring plenty of spices to "doctor" the eggs!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This spacious two queen bedroom studio suite includes all modern amenities including lap desk, iron/board, coffee maker, safe, kitchen area, sofa pull out and cloud nine bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District Hotel Williamsburg
- Hampton Inn And Suites Williamsburg Historic District
- Hampton Inn Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Hampton Inn