We arrived early at this hotel (10:30) and just called at reception to see if we could leave our cases until check-in time, but they actually said that we could check-in which was great! The room was nice and clean, but was a little 'used'. There was a big gap under the door where the draught excluder should have been, so it did let quite a bit of noise in from the corridor, nothing that a spare cushion didn’t sort out. In the main though the hall noise is down to people who have no recognition that others may be wanting to have some peace! Breakfast was usual Hampton faire with also plenty of coffee & hot water available during the day, and little packets of mints instead of cookies. Considering how busy breakfast was, the ladies that looked after us were extremely pleasant and really looked after you – shame we didn’t catch their names. Reception staff were again very friendly and helpful, and there were plenty of information sheets available for directions to restaurants and local attractions. We found the location of the hotel to be good, as the Visitor Centre for Colonial Williamsburg was just around the corner, with plenty of restaurants and shops a short drive away.
We really enjoyed Williamsburg and went to the Colonial area every day that we were there (even if it was at the end of a trip to Jamestown/York town). We bought the $30 pass to get into the 4 Jamestown/Yorktown parks which saved around $15 if you were planning to go into each one. We didn’t spend the $39.90 day pass to get into Colonial Williamsburg attractions (ie some of the buildings and scenarios that were played out) as we found that after investigating the area on day 1 of our trip, you get to see an awful lot anyway. We also managed to see the pipe/drum procession and firing of the canons as this is held in an area where all visitors can see. The money though does go to the upkeep of the park, but could be very pricey of you have children with you.
We would definitely use the hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District Hotel Williamsburg
- Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Williamsburg Historic District
- Hampton Inn Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This spacious two queen bedroom studio suite includes all modern amenities including lap desk, iron/board, coffee maker, safe, kitchen area, sofa pull out and cloud nine bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.