This was our first trip to Williamsburg. We own at Orange Lake Country Club in FL for 29 years. This was a long weekend trip with our family of 4 and we got a 2 bedroom suite. I have heard that this resort is going through a lot of improvements since coming under the Holiday Inn Brand. There is still need for more improvements. We arrived 5:30 on a Thursday evening after a 10 hour drive. It was very difficult to see the entrance of the property even though the sign was lit up and they had Christmas lights lit up. It could have used a few street lights on the road into the resort to show the divided driveway.
Registration was quick, very easy and the personel were very friendly. The suite looked great but then we found these issues. 1) A cheerio on the floor in the bathroom at the corner of the tub and wall. 2) A crayon on the floor in the master bdrm. and the second bdrm. 3) Master bathroom; the hot & cold water was swapped on the sink (thought we didn't have any hot water at first). 4) Master bathroom; the toilet seat was bolted on crooked so your leg hit the cold porcelain rim. 5) Master closet door misaligned wouldn't close correctly. 6) Master bathroom door stop bent so the door hit the wall. 7) Master bdrm. TV remote control was for a dvd player not the TV so you couldn't change channels. 8) Other bedroom sheer curtain had dirt on it. 9) In the main closet with the broom there was crumbs and dirt nobody ever picked up. 10) Under the breakfast counter there was a dent were one of the stools fell into the wall, could be repaired and repainted. 11) Porch security bar was hard to set and you had to try to line it up before you pulled the door shut. 12) Porch door was misaligned which allowed cold breeze and noise to come in, a better alignment and some weather stripping would help. 13) Master bdrm.; also found part of someone's hearing aid on the floor.
NOTE: We did not ask for these issues to be resolved while we were there. We didn't want the intrusion. I did mention this during the checkout, they were VERY apologetic. I hope that management gives the housekeeping staff more time per unit to do a better cleaning than just pushing them to do a better job. We will go back to this resort but if they haven't addressed these issues we will not return again.
Note: Since this was our third time this year using our points to stay at a Holiday Inn Club Resort we had to surprisingly pay an additional "Cleaning Fee". It's rather ironic that the cleaning fee was for the worst of all three. I hope they use our money to do a better job.
We only used the microwave, the refrigerator and the dishwasher. We didn't try any of the other appliances. The pool looked smaller than the pictures we saw online (outdoor and closed this time of year). There is no restaurant or lounge, so nothing to review about that. The fake fireplace was a nice touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort,each guest is welcomed to genuine hospitality from a staff committed to providing a home-away-from-home vacation experience. The quiet retreat is just minutes from the living history of the Historic Triangle; Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. Williamsburg also offers fantastic deals at the Premier Outlets and thrill-seekers will relish in the excitement at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. Each villa is tastefully decorated and equipped with fully-furnished kitchens, washer/dryers, free Wi-Fi and parking, cable television, jetted-tubs and gas fireplaces. The resort offers spacious 1 and 2 bedroom layouts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Crossings Of Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Colonial Crossings Williamsburg
- Colonial Crossings Hotel Williamsburg