“Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   200 English Garden Way, Williamsburg, VA 23188 (Formerly Colonial Crossings of Williamsburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Lorton, Virginia
“Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We are owners at Orange Lake near Disney, but tried the Williamsburg resort last week. It was AMAZING and more than we expected. Lovely rooms with deep rich decor and little comforts all around. We loved turning on the fire place at the end of the day and having hot tea by the fire. Convenient to EVERYTHING it seemed. Beautiful views. Fabulous staff. We could not have been more pleased and cannot wait to go back!! 10 Stars!!!! :)

Room Tip: We were in 303 and loved it!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We love this place!
Stayed two nights while looking at William and Mary with our high school senior.
Condo style..beautiful. .two bathrooms, two bedrooms, kitchen, living room, porch, den...just gorgeous.
Our daughter did not want to leave! Short drive to Williamsburg and outlets..just perfect!

• Stayed November 2014
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I enjoy a yearly visit to Colonial Williamsburg. This year we decided on dates too late and our usual rental cottage was already booked, so I had to find something different. I’m glad I found the Holiday Inn Club Vacation facility! The rooms were spotless and very nicely appointed with a sitting area, full and fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer combo and a separate bedroom. The whirlpool tub was very nice feature in the bathroom and it worked very well. There was plenty of closet space and a generous allotment of plush towels. The rooms shown on the website appear larger than the actual rooms, but for the two of us they were more than spacious enough. Minor quibbles include the very phony looking fireplace and some of the decorative elements that were very "hotelish."

Our rooms were very quite, and even though there were many cars in the parking lot, we were never disturbed by noise from other patrons.

The staff was very pleasant and the expected “time share” sales pitch, which I declined, was not too pushy (in other words, I only had to politely say “no thank you” three times).

With all the positives, there were two shortcomings to the unit which are the reason I’ve deducted a star from what could have been a five-star rating. The first is that even though we visited in mid-November and the outside temperature was in the 40s to 50s, the temperature in the rooms was much hotter than we prefer. I turned the heat all the way down and eventually completely turned off the heating control units and it was still too hot -- so much so that we slept with the sliding door to the balcony cracked to allow a bit of colder air into the room. I should mention that there was no way to switch from heating to air conditioning, which I would have liked to do. The other problem was that I found the bed to be too hard. It wasn’t lumpy or saggy, just very firm which I found very uncomfortable by morning.

Overall, I would not hesitate to book another stay at this facility as long as I could make sure the temperature issue could be addressed and maybe get a room with a better (for me) mattress.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Gwen M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi There! Welcome home from your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us was the perfect place to get away and relax. Thank you for your compliments regarding the cleanliness of our villa. As you may have learned during your stay we are in the process of constructing an amenities building that will be full of unique and exciting activates for our guest to enjoy. We appreciate your thoughts and we hope to see you soon!
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are Shell Vacation owners and booked our stay at the hotel through Interval. We've never used a Holiday Inn property before, so we didn't really know what to expect. We were pleased with the hotel and staff from beginning to end. Our visit was a scouting trip to see if we'd like to live in the area, but we also wanted to take advantage of all there was to see and do. We had a one bedroom suite that was spacious, very nicely decorated, had everything you could ask for and then some. The property is fairly new and we loved that everything in the room seemed fresh. The location is ideal and close to all the major streets and highways. The concierge and staff were very helpful. We would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't know if there's a noisy section, but our room on the third floor was very quiet. Our...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Gwen M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greetings! Welcome home from your recent stay with us. We are so honored that you chose our resort ! We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us was the perfect place to get away and relax. We are happy to hear that our one bedroom villa was the right fit for you and your family. As you may have learned during your stay we are in the process of constructing an amenities building that will be full of unique and exciting activates for our guest to enjoy. We appreciate your thoughts and we are looking forward to seeing you and your family again!
Easton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am sad to say that we only stayed for three days in mid October. I really wish we would have stayed much longer. This was a last minute trip w/ the kids before Old Man Winter & the Holidays came crashing down on us. The main reason was Busch Garden's but we were able to enjoy Williamsburg as well. Staying here made our trip so much nicer.

I booked a 2 bedroom villa on IHG's site using the Friends & Family rate. BTW, anyone can do this. Send me a private message & I will gladly explain. We paid a total of $138 a night. We were a family of four. Mom, Dad & two grown children, 23 & 17. I had requested a villa on the top floor & my request was granted.

Something that seriously impressed me about HICV was that I received a phone call a week before our arrival. The call was to confirm our dates & to go over the $110 deposit for any damages/incidentals upon check in. No worries it was immediately released upon check out. (I will never understand why people get upset about the deposit b/c it's your standard, basic industry practice). The call also included the info about the check in time which is at 4 pm & check out time which is set for 10 am. I think the main reason for late check in & early check out is b/c these are not hotel rooms they are villas. It takes quite a bit of time to clean & restock these units so be prepared. The call was also to inquire about any questions that I might have, which I did have a few. I was curious about the new indoor pool/rec room. I was informed that the indoor pool/rec room will not be open until Jan BUT the outdoor pool was still open b/c the weather was being cooperative. The outdoor pool is not heated so be aware. My point to all of this is who takes the time to make a phone call? A resort that values you as a customer, that's who!

We arrived after 5 pm. Check in was flawless. We knew about being passed off to the "Vacation Station" desk (timeshare desk). They tell you it's just to pick up your parking pass but YOU DO NOT NEED A PARKING PASS TO PARK HERE, IT'S NOT MANDATORY. Ignore all of the reviews that say you have to be passed of to a second desk after checking in in order to get your parking pass. Nothing needs to be displayed in your windshield, they won't tow your vehicle, trust me. Just tell them you aren't going over to the second desk & that's that. They completely understand. At that point they will confirm that you DON'T NEED a parking pass. If you are one who is lured in by coupons/discounts/cash then by all means go to the Vacation Station but there is no need to think or say that they are holding your parking pass hostage b/c you DON'T need it. It's hilarious when people say that they have read all of the reviews & that they are very aware of the timeshare pitch but when the word coupons or cash are mentioned their story seems to change very quickly (blame your spouse is more like it). Then they say something really silly like "that was annoying" when they know they have themselves to blame. This a timeshare property folks. Lots of properties in the area do this sort of thing. You have the option to say no thank, I KNOW I don't need a parking pass & move on w/ your day. No harm no foul.

We walked into our villa & it actually looked a lot nicer than the pictures. As a matter of fact it looked brand new even though the renovations took place 9 or so months ago. It still looks amazing. We were thinking about upgrading to the 2 bdrm signature villa but there was no need. If we had been staying for a week or more than I would have upgraded but in our case there was no need. Our villa was perfect. If you are curious about the differences, the regular vs. the signature, just ask (the upgrade was $80 more a night).

What I loved was, if you plan on cooking that is, is how nicely the kitchen was stocked (I love to cook so I was extremely happy w/ everything). You didn't need a thing if you wanted to cook for a family of four or six. They even had a corkscrew & glass bowls w/ lids for leftovers to put in the frig. There was even Tea Kettle. The kitchen pantry was huge, plenty of shelf space & room for our coolers. You had the option of sitting at the bar, the table or relaxing in the living room. Very convenient sitting areas all over. Lots of closet & drawer space in both bdrms (tons of hangers). The pull out queen sofabed was the nicest set up for any sofabed that I have ever encountered in all of my travels. They are very skillful about their set up in terms of the pillows, sheets & blankets. Our 17 yo son was going to sleep in the double bedroom w/ his sister but when I showed him how nice the bedding set up was & I pulled out the bed itself he called it. I actually laid on it myself. It was extremely comfortable & I am picky. The two beds in the smaller bdrm are standard double beds. They are no bigger or smaller,they are just the right size. That's what our daughter said. The villa is 1100 sq ft. Lots or room to move about w/ out being on top of one & other. There was a full length mirror as well in our bdrm too. Our king bed, pillows,sheets & blankets were very nice. No complaints. Lots of available outlets everywhere. The attention to detail had been mastered. The design & layout of the villa was very apparent. It a was a clever, well thought out plan.

I remember reading a negative reviews before I booked. One stated that the resort was very large & that it was a long walk to the pool. It only has 120 units & each building has 4 to 5 floors (plenty of elevators). How is that large? Good Lord if you think that's a large resort or a long walk to the pool then you should go to one of the Palace Resorts, or should I say compounds, in Riviera Maya, then we can discuss a lot of walking. Another negative remark was the limited cable channels. Are you kidding me? You can't watch all of those channels at the same time anyhow (that reminds me, there are some adult channels but it's typical timing for that sort of thing). Another gloomy review stated that there is no restaurant on site. I am sorry but if you can't drive 3 or 4 minutes up/down the road or pick up the phone & order take out, which they will deliver to the HICVR, then again you have more issues than you think. My personal favorite, negative, review was the one about the fake fireplaces. "It was one of those has logs but has an orange light behind it." Oh my, where do I start w/ that one? You can CLEARLY see that it is an ELECTRIC fireplace in the pictures. (it kicked out some major heat too) I suppose they thought Paul Bunyan worked at the resort or something. Can you imagine having your guests attempting to light a wood burning fireplace at a resort like this? I can only imagine the liability/injury that would ensue. The local ER's & fire department would have to be on call/stand by at all times (we have several wood burning fireplaces at home, they aren't the easiest things to maintain at times. You really need to be experienced to keep them going safely/properly). Hang on, you can't drink wine in your room b/c you don't have a wood burning fireplace? Wait, what? Oh dear. I suppose if you want a wood burning fireplace that badly then perhaps it's best that you rent a log cabin. Worthless complaints need to be called out for what they are, worthless. Some people should just stay home!

We had no issues w/ noise in reference to our neighbors. Not one sound. BTW, the balconies are not private, you can see your neighbors beside you. Not a big deal. Go inside if you want privacy. Also another thing worth mentioning is that you can clearly see, once again in the pictures, that your jacuzzi is INSIDE your bathroom. There are no indications, on IHG's website or any other site, that the jacuzzi tubs are in a private location (we have a jacuzzi in out master at home & hot tub on our deck so those sort of things do nothing for us on vacation).

Here are three suggestions that could set this place apart from other resorts in the area. I have already gone over these w/ the GM Pete. They are looking into these suggestions.

1) They need more lighting in the parking lot, especially at the entrance. You can hardly see the entrance at night. The building are lit up just fine but once you pull away, in your vehicle, on the first night then you may have a bit of difficulty navigating your way around the parking lot.

2) There should be some shelving installed in the master bathrooms. The counter space isn't enough for two people. The cabinet bellow is great but out of sight out of mind. You need to have somethings at arms reach w/ out it falling into the sink. Even if it means mounting some sort of open shelves on the wall near the sink, that would/could work.

3) Bath Robes & Slippers in all units. I know it's expensive but you can do it (they do offer Robes & soon they will be offering Slippers in the signature collection units). Pete, I really think everyone deserves R&S.

The entire staff needs to be praised for a job well done. Adam was exemplary, over the phone when he called me prior to our stay & in person during check in. Adam takes the time & he listens. He is a smart young Man. Thanks Adam!!! Everyone from the Gardner's/Cleaning staff all the way up the chain to Upper Management. You have a well oiled machine so please keep it that way. IHG has turned the Colonial Crossing into a shining star.

Are there nicer five star properties in the area? Yes, there are but HICVR is listed as a three star property not a five star! I would beg to differ w/ the three star rating that Tripadvisor has it listed as but it is what it is. If you want a five star property then pay five star prices. If you want something that's not quite five stars but perhaps a very strong four star where you will save a ton of money then this is your place. Besides the fact that you are going to be hard pressed to find a 2 bdrm that is larger than 1100 sq ft w/ a fully stocked kitchen & a washer/dryer in the area. Okay maybe you will find one that's 1200 sq ft but I can assure you it won't find the same price tag. This truly was a home away from home. I highly recommend the resort. We will return.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Greetings! Welcome home from your recent stay with us. We are so honored that you chose our resort! We are thrilled to hear that our two bedroom villa was the right fit for you and your family and that our staff was able to provide you with all your vacation needs. Thank you for the great feedback in regards to our entrance lighting. We are happy to update, that we have changed out the taller flowers and replaced them with shorter pansies to allow the up lighting to shine on our entrance sign. As you may have learned during your stay we are in the process of constructing an amenities building that will be full of unique and exciting activates for our guest to enjoy. We appreciate your thoughts and we are looking forward to seeing you and your family again!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked this hotel for our family summer vacation and could not have been more happy with a hotel. We had the two bedroom suite and it was lovely. The decor was beautiful and our kids enjoyed having their own room and bathroom. The washing machine came in handy as well. The only hiccup was in the business center. We tried to log onto our email to use the their printer and it never let us get all the way through. The front desk did their best, but it never worked. Overall, great location and fabulous hotel. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greetings! Welcome home from your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us was the perfect place to get away and relax. We are happy to hear that our 2 bedroom villa was suitable for you and your family. As you may have learned during your stay we are in the process of constructing an amenities building that will be full of unique and exciting activates for our guest to enjoy. We appreciate your thoughts and we are looking forward to seeing you and your family again!
Mineral Point, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

My family recently stayed here the weekend of October 17-19. My husband booked this online. We did not really know what to expect when we got there, but upon arriving we were pleasantly surprised at the beautiful grounds.We went to the office to check in and the front lobby was gorgeous. Beautiful chandelier hanging above a curved stairway. We were impressed. We were checked in by two very friendly clerks. Very sweet and kind. We then went to our room and when we opened the door we were very impressed. The door opened up to a dining room with hardwood floors and a dining table with four chairs. It had a full kitchen with marble countertops. Two bedrooms, one had two single beds, my son stayed in that room and our room had a king size bed, a master bath with a jetted tub.My son loved the tub! We were very happy staying here and will definitely stay here again when we visit Williamsburg.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Gwen M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Hi There! Welcome home from your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us was the perfect place to get away and relax. We are happy to hear that our 2 bedroom villa was suitable for you and your family. As you may have learned during your stay we are in the process of constructing an amenities building that will be full of unique and exciting activates for our guest to enjoy. We appreciate your thoughts and we are looking forward to seeing you and your family again!

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort? Share your experiences!