“Beautiful renovations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   200 English Garden Way, Williamsburg, VA 23188 (Formerly Colonial Crossings of Williamsburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful renovations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The newly renovated apartments here make it feel like a luxury property. We particularly appreciated the spacious kitchen—much larger than in many rental condos. The setting was peaceful and we enjoyed the balcony. The pool was pleasant, but small. I understand a second pool is being built, which will make it even nicer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our stay here was absolutely wonderful. We reserved our stay in the signature collection. The place was very clean and very modern with all the upgrades. Have plenty of amenities and great location to everything! Very friendly staff!

Room Tip: If you are looking to sit on the balcony choose lower floors, the top floor has a much smaller bal...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I and 3 grandchildren stayed here for 2 nights in June. We had a 2 bedroom villa which was perfect for the 5 of us. The kitchen was well equipped and having the washer and dryer was great! The kids enjoyed the pool area as well. Our unit was on the ground floor and I was amazed at how quiet it was. We never heard anything from neighboring units, not even a door opening or closing. We would not hesitate to stay here again and we're actually sorry we hadn't booked a longer stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Graham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are members of Holiday Inn Club Resorts... As much as I hate to admit it... We originally bought at South Beach Resort from the original owners which was Burroughs & Chapin (Which We loved!). We have had such horrible experiences at South Beach in Myrtle Beach SC and at Orlando that we didn't have much hope for Williamsburg... Boy were we plesantly surprised... We were met by a staff that didn't act like they hated thier jobs... From Adam who checked us in to Stacey who bid us good-bye... we were treated like owners, not like overnight guests... It seems that in the Holiday Inn system owners are second rate to hotel guests... But that is a totally different subject because here you will be treated great!

The rooms have been nicely redone with quality decor... So it was very nice and comfortable... The bed was awesome... great mattresses and pillows... The rooms are very nice sized and you can move around comfortably... The balcony was large enough to sit and relax... We had an issue with the shower head being clogged and the repairman was there and had it fixed quickly and with a smile... The pool was nice sized but odd shaped so you can't really swim, and the water was frigid (not thier fault, it had just been refilled)... but the grandboys had a ball in it... My grandboys loved being able to get current DVD's to watch and grabbing mints at the counter... But even they were treated nice... not like they weren't wanted there... They are also adding on a play area and an inside pool near the rear of the property...

The downside is.... like all Holiday Inns they try to save a few bucks building by not insulating or putting any sound deadening materials between rooms... so expect to hear your neighbors... That is the worst thing I can say about our stay there...

Go... stay and enjoy... One other thing... let them know upfront that you aren't in the mood for another sales pitch or upgrades or knwoing what the value of your property is and you will not be bothered... Not once was I asked? It was so nice to not feel like you are being pressured to do anything but enjoy your stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a wonderful stay, the newly refurbished rooms were beautiful. It is located in a quiet road but is close to the outlets and restaurants on Lightfoot. the swimming pool was just a few steps away from our room, it was not huge but it suited our needs since it was not crowded during our stay during Memorial Day weekend. They had Blu-ray Discs and DVD's that you can borrow during your stay. Front desk staff were cheerful and accommodating. The units had a full size kitchen so I was able to cook some of our meals. construction has started on the mini golf, recreation center and tennis courts.We are hopeful that it will be completed spring break next year. We are relieved that it is under new management, we initially bought our timeshare from Land'or.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Where do I begin? After a long drive down here after check in I was forced to wait in line for my 'parking pass' which is a front to sell you local attraction tickets and a tour of the property since this is a time-share... I get this but they only have one person working the 'parking pass' line which means you have to wait a long time since that staff member's job is to try and sell tickets/timeshare/etc. to those in front of you, this added to the time I had to wait normally I could care less but after a long drive... Ugggh!!

The property is very clean and the room I stayed in was very nice however I expected the room to have a private balcony, and a separate shower from the whirl pool tub. Neither of these things were the case even though I'm pretty sure Hotels.com stated that each room featured a private balcony but oh well. It feels so awkward having to take a massive step into a jetted bath tub in order to shower. My gripes might be dumb to some but at the end of the day but I was disappointed.

Is it what I expected? No, and hence the 3 star review. Had I have known I would have paid the larger amount and booked at Green Springs. Why? Because the units at Green Springs have the same nice modern amenities as this Holiday Inn property but with a better location, larger units, large private balconies/decks, and a separate shower in addition to the whirlpool tub.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I am giving this review 4 stars mainly due to the staff. We were given a room in a brand new unit that had just opened. They had several issues with the water during our stay. We were moved to another room after several days of little to no hot water. While that was frustrating, I do think they are working out the issues of taking over ownership and improving the rooms and property. Again, I could easily have given 1 star and many complaints, but the staff took care of us and that's all we could really ask given the circumstances. I would come back as the rooms are nice, clean and have full kitchens. The property was adding many amenities this coming year that should be great for families.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort? Share your experiences!