We are members of Holiday Inn Club Resorts... As much as I hate to admit it... We originally bought at South Beach Resort from the original owners which was Burroughs & Chapin (Which We loved!). We have had such horrible experiences at South Beach in Myrtle Beach SC and at Orlando that we didn't have much hope for Williamsburg... Boy were we plesantly surprised... We were met by a staff that didn't act like they hated thier jobs... From Adam who checked us in to Stacey who bid us good-bye... we were treated like owners, not like overnight guests... It seems that in the Holiday Inn system owners are second rate to hotel guests... But that is a totally different subject because here you will be treated great!
The rooms have been nicely redone with quality decor... So it was very nice and comfortable... The bed was awesome... great mattresses and pillows... The rooms are very nice sized and you can move around comfortably... The balcony was large enough to sit and relax... We had an issue with the shower head being clogged and the repairman was there and had it fixed quickly and with a smile... The pool was nice sized but odd shaped so you can't really swim, and the water was frigid (not thier fault, it had just been refilled)... but the grandboys had a ball in it... My grandboys loved being able to get current DVD's to watch and grabbing mints at the counter... But even they were treated nice... not like they weren't wanted there... They are also adding on a play area and an inside pool near the rear of the property...
The downside is.... like all Holiday Inns they try to save a few bucks building by not insulating or putting any sound deadening materials between rooms... so expect to hear your neighbors... That is the worst thing I can say about our stay there...
Go... stay and enjoy... One other thing... let them know upfront that you aren't in the mood for another sales pitch or upgrades or knwoing what the value of your property is and you will not be bothered... Not once was I asked? It was so nice to not feel like you are being pressured to do anything but enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort,each guest is welcomed to genuine hospitality from a staff committed to providing a home-away-from-home vacation experience. The quiet retreat is just minutes from the living history of the Historic Triangle; Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. Williamsburg also offers fantastic deals at the Premier Outlets and thrill-seekers will relish in the excitement at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. Each villa is tastefully decorated and equipped with fully-furnished kitchens, washer/dryers, free Wi-Fi and parking, cable television, jetted-tubs and gas fireplaces. The resort offers spacious 1 and 2 bedroom layouts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Crossings Of Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Colonial Crossings Williamsburg
- Colonial Crossings Hotel Williamsburg