Williamsburg 2Br - Diamond Resorts Historic Powhatan Plantation

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Morgan B
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Third stay here, feels like home....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

I'm from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I visit family frequently. It's nice to have our own space rather than stay on someone's couch. This was our third visit to the Historic Powhatan Plantation. We traded through Interval International. My husband wasn't able to come with us. I had our two youngest daughters with me and my mother. The two bedroom unit is very spacious. We usually end up in an upstairs unit. This time we were downstairs. We were surprised to see the downstairs unit has a bonus room. It's off the living area and is similar to a sun porch, but not as many windows. It would make a great space for the kids to play if you have small kids. You could even bring a blow up mattress and let someone bunk in it. It has a heater in it. It's very private because it has blinds on all the doors and windows. The living area includes a fireplace, TV, sofa, two side chairs & tables. The dining area is equipped with a six seat table. The bar area has two stools. The kitchen is well equipped and has a washer/dryer stack unit. VERY handy! The bedrooms are generous in size and the bathrooms are clean and well maintained. The beds were comfortable and the mattresses were clean. Each unit is allowed one parking space. This created a problem for us on the first two nights. I had to involve security but the matter was resolved without any fuss. We didn't use the pool on this visit but it's a nice pool with a hot tub, if my memory is correct. I've never eaten at the restaurant. Because we are always there visiting family we have never participated in any activities they may offer. The location is VERY convenient. You can be at I-64 in minutes via Rt. 199. There is a shopping center only about 2 blocks away that offers a Target, a Bloom grocery store, Chick-fil-a, Burger King, Dollar Tree and many smaller shops and restaurants. The historic Jamestown Settlement is close. Historic Colonial Williamsburg is a short drive away. The New Town area has plenty of shops, restaurants & movie theater. The post office, courthouse and other services are quite close. The only other downside beside the parking issue is that this resort doesn't offer free Wi-Fi. You have to purchase a hot spot from AT&T. It's $6 & some change for 24 hours and it's $29.99 for 7 -24 hours. Not a big deal but we found out this time that it appears you have to purchase it for each device. So if you have a lap top, and the kids have tablets or other devices that require Wi-Fi, then be prepared to either pony up the $$ or tell the kids that they can't use their tablets. We have never stayed there when the weather was nice enough to use the outdoor pool so I can't say anything about it. We will definitely stay again. We are not owners here, we have to trade to stay but we enjoy it and are never disappointed in our unit. Bonus, unlike many vacation clubs or resorts you do nothing when you leave. many places we stay you must pull your linens off your bed, take your trash out and tidy up. I never mind doing this but it sure is nice to get a break and be able to just load your luggage and go!

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Paying for wi-fi
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$1,260
/ Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Make Inquiry
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: More than a week
Calendar Updated: 121 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing