“Lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fat Canary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 303 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Henry and Boundary Sts
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here for our anniversary and everything was wonderful! We ate on the patio and enjoyed the scenery along with the really great food. All the food was extremely fresh and high quality. If we had been in Williamsburg for longer than a day we would have eaten at the Fat Canary again!

NJ
“Fan-tab-ulous Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I took my Mom to this restaurant for her birthday and to wrap-up our trip to Colonial Williamsburg. It was just awesome. Attentive but not hovering waitstaff lead this review. We had great starters (tempura tuna tartar and fresh mozzarella salad) and delicious main courses (pork chop with peaches and cheese souffle and salmon with ratatouille) accompanied by a delicious bottle of South African Syrah. I wish my waiter knew a bit more about the wine selections, but otherwise just a fantastic evening.

The prices were reasonable for this quality and service. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Some Good Some Concerns”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our reservation was for 7:45 pm. We were finally were served our dinners at our table at 9:10 pm. We had a party of five which apparently was the delay in getting the table. We were told several times that the "people at our table just won't leave". We finally odered drinks from the bar and the host, quite rightly, said those are "on the house". Our waitress was delightful but the food was slow in arriving. "The pork chop just takes so long to prepare" was the explanation. Most everyone at the table said their dishes were excellent. My salmon was very good and the glass of the recommended Pinot Noir was perfec with it. Prices seemed high for the value but, in the end, everyone in my party was happy and that what counts. I'm a Williamsburg local and I will go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, Virginia
“it was WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

i'm hardly impressed by things.... but this left me speechless... everything was at such a high level so, i couldn't do anything but enjoying !!! GOOD FOOD, good service, good place!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, VA
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went on a Thursday night without reservations, so our only seating option was out on the patio, which was fine. I had the romaine salad to start, my only complaint was the dressing was kind of bland, tasted like mayonnaise only (not a roasted garlic flavor). My entree was the scallops over cous cous, which was excellent. The smoked tomatoes had a very distinct taste that I've never had before. Husband had the mozzarella/ham starter, followed by the quail entree, and he said both were excellent. As others have already attested to, it is very pricey. Overall a wonderful dinner, waitress was very attentive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere