“For the money, the BEST Deal out there!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #64 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“For the money, the BEST Deal out there!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Just got back from a few days in the Williamsburg area to visit some historical sites and go to Busch Gardens and this hotel was very nice. At first, I was put off because I could not get connected to the internet. I called the desk and they were able to give me the codes and never had another problem after that. Housekeeping was great. My brother and I were never there when they came in, but when we got back the room smelled good and the beds were made and garbage taken out. The beds were not very comfortable, but I am not all that picky and can make the best out of a bad situation. I really thought $190 for 5 days was way too cheap and I would have been out of this hotel in a few minutes, but I looked at the reviews and others who recommended really knew their stuff. Except for the beds, the stay was great, the internet worked well, and the fridge and microwave worked great as well. All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
stephens city, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Our 3rd year staying at this motel for vacation. I can only say EXCELLENT. Mgmt, staff very helpful and courteous. Rooms immaculate. Reasonable rates for the area. Would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is my 20th review here on TripAdvisor. If you read my reviews, you’ll see that the vast majority are good reviews. I’m not overly critical and I’m not hard to please. The reason I say this is because I stress enough how disappointed I was with this hotel and all of the good reviews that were posted here.

We had the misfortune of staying at this place for 5 nights starting on July 26th. Checking in was easy. After that, it was all downhill. After taking the dirty elevator to the 3rd floor, the first thing I saw was a huge pile of trash next to the elevator. The pile got bigger and wasn’t removed for another 24 hours. We walked into our room and it was small and not very clean. I went to call the front desk but the phone was broke as well as the lights over the bed. The bathroom was tiny and the shower curtain had mold spots all over it. Since we were a family of 5, it was tight and the only time we got enough towels was when I left a tip and a note for the maid. I asked for an extra pillow and one was sent up. However, the pillowcase was dirty, so I had to ask for a new pillowcase. I have to mention that I did tell the front desk about the broken phone and lights. The next day they were fixed and the owner did stop up to make sure it was fixed… so I’ll give credit where it’s due.

In addition to the room not being that clean, our sink was never once cleaned by the maid for the entire week. Also, for some reason, our room seemed to be overrun with moths. There were always at least 4 moths on the walls at any given time.

One of the reasons we stayed at this hotel was because of the free continental breakfast. We figured we could save money that way. The first morning we went down, there were 3 glazed donuts and some bread for making toast. In addition, here were two types of cereal. The juice machine had an out of order sign on it and that was on for the entire time. Needless to say, we ate out every morning. To humor myself, I would check the breakfast out every morning. Some times there was nothing but bread and cereal and other times, they had donuts.

Speaking of out of order, the only working ice machine is on the second floor. The one on our floor was also out of order for the entire trip and I’m sure it still is… along with the juice machine.

So, in a nutshell, this place is unacceptable and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I’m still shaking my head in disbelief wondering how so many TripAdvisor contributors said this was a good hotel. Had we not paid in advance, I would have checked out immediately!

PS. The wrecked car that’s covered in dust under the parking deck is a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I travel to Williamsburg several times a year just to get away.
We have stayed in several hotels in the area, and this is the best that we have found for our money. If you are looking for friendly hosts, clean large rooms, and quiet--then this is a good motel for you. I saw visitors in bathing suits, but did not know if there was a pool on location. There are covered parking spaces, an elevator, non-smoking rooms, and a continental breakfast that starts at 7 am. It had everything that a couple of old retirees could want.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Portage, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

This hotel was just right for our one-night stay in Williamsburg. It's definitely not the fanciest place I've ever stayed, but it had everything we needed for our stay. The rooms were clean, the family running it was extraordinary, and the location was perfect! We were about a 5 minute drive from the Prime Outlets, and only had to walk across the street to an excellent Italian restaurant (which was recommended by the family running the hotel).

For the price we paid this hotel was a pretty good value, and the service provided by the friendly staff made it even better.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
FL USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel before (when it was the King William Inn), and that was one reason why I chose to book again. This isn't a luxury resort or a hot spot in the center of the action. Instead, it's a convenient place to sleep and shower when visiting Williamsburg. It's within walking distance to Colonial Williamsburg. The hotel is not on a busy thoroughfare, but easily accessible to Parkway Dr (entrance off parking lot), Bypass Rd, and Lafayette St. The rooms are minimal in style and maintenance, but there are standard ammenities like hair dryer, iron and board, coffee maker and refridgerator included. There's a continental breakfast included, but nothing seemed tempting in the land of pancake houses. The best feature is the parking area under the hotel rooms - very handy in bad weather.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
long island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

Stayed here twice, once in Apr and then in Sept. The trip was with a Non-Profit to visit the ghost fleet in the James River. There was about 8 of us on the trip and stayed for 5 days.
Location is great to find cheap food within walking distance or a short drive away. supermarket shopping center 1 mile away, Highway 64 close by.
Rooms were good, clean, some have mini fridges. A/C abd heat worked fine. bed was fine, i could have slept on a 2x4 i was so tired from the day. Lots of towels. service was fine, room was made up every day the desk cleck opend the breakfast area for us early, before 6pm so we could get and early start. More than nice. Nice cheap clean motel

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Williamsburg Colonial Area? Share your experiences!