“You get what you pay for” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #65 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
New York City, New York
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This hotel is close to a lot of attractions in the area. Its really cheap. The staff is really helpful and extremely nice. I will say the room is not exactly the most comfortable. They need new towels and linens. The bathroom was my biggest issue because it was really small. Other than it we found it to be a cheap and reasonable hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

upon arrival was met with a Williamsburg Police Officer dealing with a situation at the hotel next door, pretty close to historic district and b.g. Then proceeded to check out the parking lot here. No frills, old, hot elevator. Curtains falling off rods. Continental breakfast was bread, a toaster and doughnuts.

Fall River, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I am currently here now(7/22-7/30) and I was very leery because of some of the reviews previously written but I cancelled my reservation at the La Quinta down the road because of the awful reviews they were given because of cleanliness and why pay more for that. I'm paying 55 a night and cant ask for more. I love the parking underneath the building because your car is not sitting in the scorching sun or if its storming out you will be dry getting to the stairs or elevator. Some people were giving some reviews that their rooms smelled like mildew or smoke but I think those rooms are in the old section. Our room is over the underground parking and I made sure I was on the second fl so I hear no one over me. They have great drapes that make the room dark so we have slept late some mornings with no one waking us up. The room was very clean upon arrival and was in much better shape than I expected. Lots of room you have desk to sit at,draws to put clothes in, a separate table with 2 chairs. Sink is outside the bathroom from where toilet and tub is which I like with plenty of hot water and strong flow. The room has micro/fridge the micro wasnt here upon arrival but called front desk and it was brought to my room in minutes. I havent been to the breakfast area so I cant comment but for what I'm paying I wouldnt expect much we had our own food plus plenty of eating places nearby, pancake place a few doors down. The beds and linen were clean but very firm at least no springs and the AC works great esp with the extreme heat. The only downside is with the pool water very warm from the heat and not a lot of chairs but it was good enough for the times we needed it open til 10 pm even though we did see some people in it after that time. I was impressed with the room it looks like it was painted recently and the carpet was in good shape and clean where you could walk around barefoot and not feel nasty. The location is fabulous very close to highway to get to water country and Busch gardens and within a mile are places like food lion,CVS,Dominoes,Rite Aid,chinese place and Golden Coral not too far. We ate there a few times for dinner and were impressed with the steak station, seared seafood and other things paid 10 for myself and 5 bucks 12 and under well worth it, pigged out before the parks. When I come back next summer I will definitely stay here again and ask for the same room 518 its at the end and its a deadend so there is no one walking by the room either pretty private. I have had my DO not disturb sign the whole time so I also cant comment about how often the housekeeping is but they have been available when I need to change up my towels, I dont like people in my room whether I'm there or not. Overall a great deal!!!! Also tell them at checkin you dont want the safe or the phone or they will charge you for it. If you have a cell phone you wont need the phone but you can still can call the front desk if you need to.

Room Tip: Ask for room above underground parking and if you dont want any one over you ask for 2nd fl
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We spent just one night here after spending a day at Busch Gardens. The place is no frills but is clean and the bed I slept in was very comfortable. We were looking for a place to sleep not a luxury resort and we got a very nice place to sleep at a very reasonable price with friendly helpfull staff. We plan to stay here again in september.

uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Good value for money and in a good location for the scenic Jamestown - Yorktown road.
Staff very helpfull and usual breakfast inluded. Very close to "Colonial Williamsburg" all rooms are upstairs , but there is an elevator. parking is underneath the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

This was a pleasantly ok place to stay. We paid about $40 a night and stayed for 6 nights. When we arrived, our room had a distinctive smell. The room was somewhat clean. When we took the covers off the bed, there was some specs of dirt, hair and stains. We took the sheets and pillow cases to the cleaners.
The room did have a mini fridge which came to very good use for us, a microwave, coffee maker and a safe.
On the arrival, we were told there was free continental breakfast. When we woke up the next morning to get breakfast it was a bit disappointing because it only consisted of two different cereals and stale pastries. Luckily, there is a 7-11 practically right next door.
The room has AC which helped block out the train and traffic noises.
The pool was lovely and a nice place to relax and browse the internet using Travelodge's free WiFI. Another plus was the shower which had endless hot water.

Overall, it was a good place. If we had to, we would stay again.

Elkview, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This was our second stay here, and we will be back. The things we found here were in no way five star, but they were much greater than the price indicated. Our room was clean, but dated.....this is an older hotel, but it is well maintained and clean. The amenities included a microwave, refrigerator, alarm clock and safe. For $39 a night I have no complaints.

The front desk was always pleasant and accommodating to our needs and requests. I enjoyed our stay here in Dec. 2010 during a bad snowstorm which hit the area and I told my wife we would have to try it again.....well, we are glad we did, and now we will plan another visit here for the next trip to Williamsburg in late July.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly or visit their website!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Williamsburg Colonial Area? Share your experiences!