We stayed for the 1st time this past Sunday evening October 6th. It was me, "grandma" and my 2 girls ages 2 & 4. We originally booked a regular Family Suite w/ 2 queen beds. A week prior we received an online upgrade opportunity for some extra $. We picked the Grizzly Suite for only $45 extra and were pleasantly surprised at check-in that this suite was available! Awesome-- my 4 year old and mom stayed in one room w/ the 2 queen beds, and I stayed in the other bedroom with the 2 year old in a pack and play. We really liked having the extra den to watch tv in once the girls went to bed. We had requested a 4th floor room as I had heard those were more quiet. We lucked out and got a room right next to the elevators. Although yes, it was a long walk to the waterpark, it is not as long as reviewers make it out to be. I'm not sure I understand what the big deal there is. Also, our room was very quiet through the night. No complaints there. At one point, we weren't sure our AC was working properly (it was afterall) and they sent a maintenance man up there ASAP. My main concern prior to travel was bed bugs after reading multiple reviews on here and other sites. There seemed/ seems to be an issue at this hotel. When we checked in, I asked for an inspection of my room, which I did with the manager. He was very nice and thorough. Although I was satisfied post-inspection that our room was indeed bed bug-free, I did not sleep well worrying about the bugs :( I don't believe there were any, but nonetheless, the worry of it kept me up. A shame because the beds were very comfy. The next morning,as we were waiting in line for breakfast, we overheard another family saying they had to be moved during the night due to roaches on their ceiling-what?! That is awful. So, even though I think we lucked out w/ our room, it doesn't sound like others were as lucky. The waterpark was great--I was worried my 2 year old wouldn't be old enough to enjoy everything but they have an area geared towards her age and she loved it. She never got tired of going down the slide over and over and over... The lifeguards were very attentive. We ate at the restaurant onsite. Food was just okay. All in all, we had a great time, and so did my girls. We will go back again, especially if we see a good deal. However, we will be inspecting our room again!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are home to Virginia’s premier 79,000 square foot indoor entertainment area featuring our water park, bear track landing. The indoor water park features a 4-story, 12 level tree fort with 1000 gallons of water and dumps down every few minutes. The water park also features a gigantic indoor wave pool, eight water slides, including 3 tube slides, three kiddie slides and two body slides. In addition we have a zero-depth entry children’s pool, indoor pool, two oversized hot tubs, an endless lazy river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Williamsburg
- Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg Va
- Great Wolf Resort